A role at the centre of the organisation
Care Coordinator ( 9 Month Maternity Cover Contract )
Our office was established in 2010 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, well-being & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
We have a great opportunity for a Care Coordinator to join our team in St Albans. This 9 month contract role provides an opportunity to work within a company that supports professional development, working within a supportive environment.
Candidates must have a valid driving licence and their own car.
The Care Coordinator role reports to the Care Manager and is comprised of two components:
- Care Coordination
- Weekend On-Call Duties (typically one in four weekends)
Care Coordination - These weekday responsibilities include:
- Manage various day-to-day CAREGiver/Client scheduling duties, this will include adherence to Home Instead’s documented processes and procedures, particularly the Care Coordination Practices
- Deputise for our other Care Coordinator
- Participate in team meetings & CAREGiver meetings
- Provide consistently high levels of service to our valued Clients
- Provide support and guidance to all CAREGivers to ensure that they provide the best possible service to Home Instead’s valued Clients
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records on Home Instead various paper and electronic records
- Participate in the weekday out of hours “on call” rota & provide a comprehensive hand-over to the office team after providing out of hours telephone cover
- Answer each incoming call in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with both Clients and CAREGivers by regular informative telephone contact
- Maintain confidentiality at all times for all Home Instead Information, including Client, CAREGiver & office data
- Perform CAREGiver to Client introductions when required
- Welcome CAREGivers when they visit the office and ensure that they feel valued and supported
- Support other members of the office team with general administrative duties when required to do so
Weekend On-Call Duties – The Weekend Supervisor will carry a company mobile phone for the duration of the weekend - Friday 4:30 pm to Monday 9:30 am and will manage any issues that arise during that time. This may include:
- The coordination of care in cases where a CAREGiver goes sick or for whatever reason cannot visit a Client at the scheduled time
- Introductions of CAREGivers to Clients
- Act as the escalation route for any issues encountered by CAREGivers during the weekend
- Conduct handovers from office staff on a Friday and back to office staff on a Monday morning
All candidates must have their own transport, a valid driving licence and insurance that covers business usage.
Salary Range: £18,000 to £22,000 depending upon experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £18,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.