Being a CAREGiver
Could you be a Home instead Senior Care CAREGiver?
Becoming a CAREGiver is a unique job with many rewards, as well as physical and emotional challenges. It is a labour of love that will enable you to build fulfilling and lasting relationships. Most importantly, you will make a meaningful difference in the lives of your clients and their families.
Our CAREGiver roles are part-time and flexible. You do need your own car and a full driving licence, as you will be driving from client to client. We will try to keep you as close to your home location as possible.
We match you to a small group of clients who you go to see on a regular basis. This helps you to build bonds of trust and professional friendships with your clients and makes your work extremely rewarding and satisfying.
Our CAREGivers provide an outstanding service for our clients. If you have a caring and empathetic nature, a good deal of common sense, are reliable, trustworthy and have a passion for helping others, then you could become a Home Instead CAREGiver.
Frequently asked questions
Why work for Home Instead Senior Care in Swansea?
You will be working for the UK’s most admired care company providing world class home care for seniors. In return we offer:
- Flexible hours, competitive rates of pay, mileage allowance and paid holiday
- Longer care calls; our minimum call duration is 1 hour giving you the time to make a real difference to our clients
- Personal introductions to your clients to help you start building your relationships
- Opportunities to undertake City & Guilds accredited dementia training and QCF qualifications
- Compatibility matching between CAREGivers and clients on the basis of character, Compatibility matching between CAREGivers and clients on the basis of character, background and requirements
Do I need experience in care or qualifications?
You do not need any experience or particular qualifications to become a CAREGiver. However, it would be useful to have some experience of working in a care setting or interacting with older people. This could be personal experience of caring for a family member or voluntary experience, such as visiting elderly people in residential homes.
We provide our CAREGivers with a comprehensive induction programme, including 3 months mentoring support, and on-going training and development. In addition to standard industry training, we can also provide staff with the opportunity to achieve a QCF qualification in Health and Social Care and we provide specialist Dementia training.
What does the work involve?
Services provided by our CAREGivers are flexible to the needs of each client and may include:
- Help with daily personal care activities; dressing, bathing, grooming and medication reminders
- Practical assistance around the home such as cooking, cleaning, laundry and running errands
- Companionship, shopping and social activities
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia care
When will I be required to work?
The majority of our clients require care in the early mornings, meal times, evenings and weekends. Other hours may be available depending on client needs.
Why do I need a car?
Our CAREGivers travel to and from client’s homes in and around Swansea and are often asked to take clients out for shopping, appointments or social activities.
How can I find out more?
If you have a warm empathy, a desire to help others and want to provide a positive contribution to the community while gaining immense job satisfaction we would love to hear from you. You can apply via the Employment Enquiry page on our website or contact us on 01792 790890 for an informal discussion
I have just spoken to the clients daughter, she has asked me to pass on how thrilled she is with the service received from Home Instead so far. Due to the circumstances, the daughter was apprehensive about how her parents would react to someone new coming into the environment but felt the proffessionalism of your staff, in particular KT who will be the mother's main carer, is fantastic! Thank you once again for the reassurance provided to family members.
29/04/2014Mrs. K. H - Swansea