Be Part of an Outstanding Team
Scheduler / Care Coordinator
· 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays. · Pension scheme. · Company Discount Scheme · Employee Assistance Scheme · Training, development and career opportunities.
Established in 2018 and recognised by the Care Quality Commission as ‘Outstanding’, we’re very proud of our team and our well-earned reputation for providing exceptional quality care and support. Because of our growing reputation, we are expanding rapidly throughout the South Lakes area. This role offers great career prospects and the chance to be part of a strong, supportive, friendly team providing the very best home care services for older people who wish to remain happily, safely and independently at home. All our visits with clients are for at least an hour and our CAREGivers visit the same clients providing consistency and the opportunity to develop, meaningful, trusting and long term relationships. It will be your job to ensure all these visits are planned and organised and that our CAREGivers are coordinated to turn up on time, every time.
The Scheduler / Care Coordinator is responsible for the allocation of CAREGiver’s working hours whilst ensuring our robust quality standards are met. You will need to have at least one years’ experience in the care sector as a Scheduler/coordinator to join our team. You will be expected to:
· Organise all rotas and staffing requirements
· Ensure all staff and clients are aware of working schedules
· Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members
· Undertake any support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owner/Registered Care Manager
· Have sound knowledge and understanding of PeoplePlanner or other software systems, allocating and coordinating all care visits to ensure continuity for both client and CAREGiver
· Be able to adapt quickly to emergencies and / or other unforeseen circumstances ensuring all visits always take place
· Provide timely response to client requests and ensure they are constantly updated with new and changing information
· Be knowledgeable of local area
· Provide out of hours “on call” assistance on a rota basis
· Work directly with the management team to develop business and support the team.
· Support delivery of personal / care calls in times of need which may include out of hours
· You will need to have extremely good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to problem solve while working under pressure in a busy environment providing ‘superior’ customer service.
· You will have experience in delivering or managing /coordinating care delivery through People Planner or other scheduling software, exceptional organisational skills, and have great communication skills both written and verbal.
· High levels of computer literacy with strong Word and Excel skills
· A confident, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy, deadline-driven team environment
· A professional telephone manner; a smiling personality and empathy for others
· An outstanding eye for detail and a ‘right first time’ attitude
· The ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines
· The ability to make friends and influence people.
· To have pride in your work and high standards of commitment and achievement.
What we offer
· Primarily, job fulfilment; a great place to work in a great team with great career opportunities making a huge difference to the lives of our older clients!
· Our salary package starts at £19,500 dependant on experience.
· 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
· Pension scheme.
· Company Discount Scheme
· Employee Assistance Scheme
· Training, development and career opportunities.
If you would like to forge your future with an exceptional care company that’s really going places then please apply now by pressing the apply now button, or calling us on 01539 267220. Alternatively you can apply by writing a covering letter explaining why you think you may be the right person for the job and attach your CV.
If you do not provide a covering letter, you will not be considered for an interview. Please note that interviews may take place prior to the advert closing as and when suitable applications are received. If a suitable candidate is appointed the role will close early therefore please do not hesitate to submit your application.
This is a full-time, permanent post. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and references.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.