We are delighted to announce we’ve secured a 7th outstanding rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) following the inspection of our Cheltenham and Cotswolds office.
Our super 7th Outstanding owner Amanda Hamer started her business in August 2011 and firmly believes in providing care that passes the ‘mum test’ - the standard of care you would want for your own loved one.
Thrilled with the rating itself, and by the fact that she has also become the first homecare provider in Gloucestershire to receive a CQC Outstanding, Amanda said: “Receiving this rating is validation that we deliver on what we promise here. We believe in personalised care that should reflect elderly people’s wishes and dreams.”
Our relationship-led approach to homecare has been praised by the CQC’s Chief Inspector of Adult Social Care, Andrea Sutcliffe, who said: “I am delighted Home Instead has achieved a seventh outstanding rating.
“We have rightly set the bar high for services to be rated Outstanding. It is good to see excellent leaders at Home Instead who value and care for their staff and focus on a truly person-centred approach meeting that high standard and providing great care for the people they support.
“Everyone deserves to experience care that we'd all be happy for any of our loved ones to receive and I wish Home Instead all the very best in continuing to make the ‘Mum Test’ real.”
Amanda’s clients and their families commended her standards of care to the CQC inspectors, with comments in the report including:
- “Staff at every level wanted people to be happy and live a life that was meaningful and fulfilling.”
- “Your approach and philosophy really sets you apart.”
- “We really value what you do and how you do it.”
Amanda has also strived to be an employer of choice in the locality and was touched by her CAREGivers’ comments to CQC inspectors, who said:
- “I love helping the people I work for.”
- “I am very proud to be working here.”
- "I love working here.”
Martin Jones, Managing Director of Home Instead, said: “Congratulations to Amanda who has brought home a super 7th Outstanding rating to our brand.
“We’re proud of our standards, our ethos and ethics, which is rightly receiving the highest rating possible in the CQC’s new Ofsted-style system.
“We also stand incredibly proud of the fact that we are the only homecare provider to hold 7 Outstanding ratings.”
Home Instead’s Outstanding Ratings timeline:
1) Jan 2015:West Lancashire and Chorley Gail and Robert Godson
2) February 2016:Wimbledon and Kingston Clare Jefferies
3) February 2016:Durham Trudi Jameson
4) May 2016:Exeter and East Devon Mark and Vanessa McGlade
5) July 2016:East Nottingham and Melton Mowbray Richard and Jo Aram
6) August 2016:Rugby Sarah Slater
7) October 2016:Cheltenham & Cotswolds Amanda Hamer