Business Development Executive
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
- Develop relationships in the local community maintaining a pipeline of opportunities by growing and leveraging your network.
- Deliver promotional activities both face to face and virtually to increase awareness of Home Instead’s client services.
- Plan and successfully execute regular community marketing events including attending fairs, exhibitions, recruitment events and any other events that would promote our services to the public.
- Continually deliver a message that reflects our mission, vision and values and delivers our value proposition.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Home Instead brand and raise awareness of Home Instead National Office marketing campaigns and recruitment initiatives across the network of relationships that have been built in the local community.
- Accurately track and record enquiries and use the information to manage and adjust strategy to optimise messaging and education in the community.
- Maintain accurate data and information to analyse own performance, whilst managing own time and diary accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Proven track record in successfully building strong relationships both face to face and virtually within a local community to achieve business objectives using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Confident to network face to face, by phone, email, video call with community stakeholders and potential RPNs.
- Networking face to face, by phone, email, video call with community stakeholders and potential RPNs.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office and virtual communication platforms (social media) with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate..
- Effective and confident interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver effective and engaging presentations or workshops to a broad-based audience.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, use initiative and be resilient.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
- Competent in using a CRM database.
Part-time (25 Hours) between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
Salary circa £23,000-£26,000, Pro Rata depending on experience