Senior Care Assistant
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our Care Professionals to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
Role : Senior Care & Support
Pay Rate: £22,000 per annum (equates to £11.40 per hour)
This role is a fixed rota of 37 hours per week on a two week basis.
We are looking for a Senior Care Professional to join our growing team to help support our Care Professionals and Clients within our fast paced business and to also assist the office staff with daily tasks in a busy environment. Do you think you have what it takes to become a Senior Care Professional for Home Instead ?
- Reflecting the core values of Home Instead Newport, Cwmbran and Chepstow.
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life. Delivering care in the community and setting a good example to other members of the team.
- Documenting daily activities and reporting any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions.
- Maintaining regular communication with the line manager and office staff. Alerting the Care and Office Manager to any issues that may require action.
- To be a professional role model to colleagues and be shadowed by new and inexperienced staff to demonstrate how we deliver high-quality care and the processes involved with this (i.e. filling out activity logs, submitting expenses).
- Conduct competency assessments with Care Professionals to ensure they are meeting the required standards of care and support to clients.
- Providing an on-call service for clients, their families and Care Professionals during evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota’d basis.
- ????Are you passionate and do you want to make a difference to someone’s life?
- Could you offer our clients companionship and support without taking away their dignity?
- Do you have a good work ethic?
- Do you hold a Full UK Driving License & have access to a vehicle?
- Do you live in the Newport area or surrounding areas?
- Do you hold a minimum of Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care?
- Do you have wide open availability, in order to maintain the quality service that we provide during emergencies?
- Do you have the confidence to support and mentor our CAREGivers and keep professional working relationships at all times?
- Do you have at least 6 months experience within the care industry?