Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation, we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
We are looking for a Care Coordinator to join our friendly team here at Home Instead Godalming.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and allocation of visits for our CAREGivers using scheduling software. CAREGivers are assigned to clients, and the scheduling team then works to ensure that all care visits are filled daily as well as when there are times of staff sickness, holiday or emergencies.
You will need good organisation skills, an eye for detail, the ability to work well under pressure and communicate well with our clients, office team and CAREGivers. You will be trained and supported in this role by our Care Managers.
- Understand and build effective and efficient schedules around our clients and CAREGivers.
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and last-minute cancellations.
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members.
- Match CAREGivers to new clients in conjunction with client services team and arrange introductions.
- Ensure client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same CAREGiver and the same times each week, where possible.
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
- Work with the Care Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Add and maintain all client and CAREGiver information onto to the electronic scheduling system.
- Participate in on-call duties as required.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business as directed by your line manager.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Experience of working in a scheduling role within a home care or other relevant environment such as logistics.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and CRM software with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Highly resilient and positive with excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Driver with access to reliable car
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Local geographical knowledge
What we can offer you-
- Excellent rates of pay
- Workplace pension
- 20 days holiday per year (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Staff discount portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on-site parking
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure and references.