Group Accountant Manager
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With visits of one hour or more, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
· 5* Employer Award 2021
· Rated N.1 in the Elite top 100 Franchises 2020
· Franchise of the Year Gold Winner in the British Franchise Awards 2020
An amazing opportunity has arisen to join the world’s leading homecare franchise, Home Instead. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our management team as a Management Accountant in a full-time permanent role. This will be demanding yet very rewarding role for a person looking to take a responsible position within a fast-growing company in a rapidly expanding market sector.
You will be responsible for all finance functions within a group of 5 Home Instead franchises operating in Glasgow, Perth, Ayr and Stirling. The group has been operating for almost eight years and currently employs around 300 full time and part-time employees.
Reporting directly to the Directors you will be responsible for maintaining, managing, and developing our finance functions and providing full financial support to aid commercial decision making. This role will involve managing and building our in-house finance team and dealing with our external auditors.
The role will be based primarily at one of our Glasgow offices in Milngavie or Clarkston and would be an ideal role for an individual with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role and looking to grow into a financial controller as the business continues its rapid expansion.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day bookkeeping requirements.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet ledgers
- Staff Payroll and expense claims management
- Supplier payments
- Client invoicing and credit control
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- Maintaining all inputs to and producing reports from our Xero based accounting system
- Inter-company accounting
- General management of office facilities
- Liaising with external suppliers including pension providers, banking partners and accountants
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Keeping up to date with knowledge and understanding of regulatory and legal requirements impacting on role
- Assuming responsibility for professional and personal development to ensure continuing competence to deliver Group requirements
- Ensure all payments due to tax authorities and others are made in a timely manner.
- Operational and office duties as required by the business
We will require the following skills and qualifications
- Educated to Degree qualification in accounting
- At least 5 years post qualification experience
- Expert knowledge of Xero or equivalent accounting package
- Must be highly competent with excel and have working knowledge word and outlook
- Hands on in approach and capable of developing staff
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Team player
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- High professional standards aligned with honesty and integrity
- Proven track record of delivering projects within agreed timescales
- Strong client and partner relationship abilities
- ACCA, CA or CIMA qualification
What you will receive:
- Salary £35'000 - £40'000 (DOE)
- Pension Scheme
- 100+ Online & Travel Discounts
- Job Stability
- Ongoing Training & Support
- Opportunity to grow and develop into more senior positions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Help Line
For more information contact our director Suhail on:
0141 942 8684