Bananas are a healthy and tasty ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. From smoothies to breads and bread products, bananas can be a great addition to your diet. Today we’re featuring a delicious, healthy, and easy Banana Oatmeal Pancake recipe that is sure to put a smile on your face and fill your tummy with some tasty fuel.
Banana oatmeal pancakes are surprisingly low in calories yet light and fluffy. This breakfast favourite is packed with fibre, protein, and essential vitamins and minerals that will help you stay energized and satisfied throughout the day. Plus, this delicious pancake recipe is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning breakfast or simply to treat yourself to a healthy and tasty snack.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can adjust it according to your taste preferences. Feel free to substitute regular milk for almond or coconut milk and add in your favourite spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg. You could also go all out and substitute the oatmeal with shredded wheat, or even add shredded vegetables like carrots or zucchini. Read on to find out how to make this delicious banana oatmeal pancake recipe.
1 ripe banana -½ cup oats
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk of choice
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, mash the banana until it becomes a paste-like consistency.
2. Add the oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, and milk and mix until a thick batter is formed.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix the melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg.
4. Pour the butter mixture into the batter and mix well.
5. Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray generously with a cooking spray.
6. Drop 1/4 cup measurements of the batter onto the hot pan.
7. Cook each pancake until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.