Come and join the best!
Home Instead Senior Care is the UK's leading home care provider and has won many awards over the years. Having a reputation second to none, with currently 60+ of it’s 200 offices being awarded a CQC Overall Outstanding we are leading the way! Why are we different? Well, as we focus on building relationships, we provide a minimum of 1-hour home visits to mostly private clients who receive visits from the same companions all the time. It’s great for everyone and it works!
We are proud to have achieved OUTSTANDING in the CARING category!
To support the Recruiter with all aspects of recruitment administration to enable the delivery of a responsive end to end recruitment service that incorporates a great candidate experience.
- Manage all aspects of recruitment administration ensuring compliance with legislation, regulators, and Franchise Standards.
- Place adverts on websites, job boards and appropriate social media platforms.
- Ensure all relevant recruitment digital content is kept up to date.
- Maintain effective communication with candidates ensuring a positive candidate experience.
- Schedule interviews and support candidate selection activities where appropriate.
- Process candidates through the SmartRecruiters Applicant Tracking System (ATS) in a timely manner ensuring data is accurate.
- Support the Recruiter at local community recruitment events.
- Process all pre-employment checks and collate pre-employment documentation.
- Support the management of the Employee Referral Scheme.
- Optimise the recruitment tools available and keep up to date on best practice approaches.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Well-developed administration skills with experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of legislation relating to recruitment including Enhanced Criminal Record checks, referencing and Right to Work checks.
- An understanding of social media and other digital communication tools for recruitment purposes.
- Flexibility to work outside 9-5 Monday to Friday to meet the demands of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of IT Systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite, working with databases and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work accurately under pressure and adapt to changing priorities.
- Team player who is self-motivated, results driven and resilient.