CAREGivers give and give, but who comforts them in return? Linda Edgar (retired nursing professor) says they should receive nurturing too, something Home Instead Sheffield strongly agree with!
Linda’s new book (A New Look at Caregiving: Two Halves of a Whole) puts across the message that the CAREGivers needs are as important as the one they are caring for. In fact, it is essential that CAREGivers take their health as serious as their clients in order to provide better care for others.
Edgar says in her book: “It is through dedicated self-care that those who help others gain wisdom, develop a deeper sense of self and let go of worry, guilt, and physical and emotional turmoil.”
Here are some inspiring quotes to not only inspire current CAREGivers but to encourage others that the care industry could be a very rewarding role:
- “From caring comes courage.” — (Lao Tzu)
- “Your own self-realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” (Ramona Maharshi)
- “You can do anything, but not everything.” — (David Allen)
- “Relationships based on obligation lack dignity.” — (Wayne Dyer)
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — (Jim Rohn)
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.”
- “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only robs today of its joy.” — (Leo Buscaglia)
- “Sometimes asking for help is the most meaningful example of self-reliance.”
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” — (Dalai Lama)
- "It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it." — (Lena Horne)
If you would like more information about a role as a CAREGiver or what it is like to work in the care industry and deliver quality care to enhance our clients lives, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Contact us on 0114 250 7709 or email [email protected]
6 Shirley House, 31 Psalter Lane, Sheffield, S11 8YL