Are you caring for an ageing parent or relative with Alzheimer’s disease?
These workshops are aimed at carers/families of people who are living with dementia or other dementias.
They are also proving hugely beneficial to members of the community too; who are eager to learn more about living and working with people affected by this condition. Too often elderly people living with Alzheimer’s or one of the other forms of dementia are moved into care homes earlier than is necessary, simply because family carers feel unable to cope.
When? Wednesday 15th February 2017 1:00pm — 4:00pm
Where? Home Instead Senior Care, Room 4, Shirley House, 31 Psalter Lane, Sheffield, S11 8YL
The day's topic is : Capturing Life's Journey & Techniques to Handle Challenging Behaviours
This workshops will help you:
- Discover how “Capture Life’s Journey can help you to provide care for your loved one
- Learn new ways to get your loved one to share memories
- Familiarise yourself with the Life Journal and how to record information about your loved one’s past.
- Find out how to use the Life Journal in partnership with professional CAREGivers.
- Learn about the challenging behaviours that could be displayed by those with Alzheimer’s or other dementias
- Find out ways to handle these behaviours
- Determine the techniques which work best to manage different types of behaviours.
Took book a place please call the office 01142 469 666 or email email@example.com