Being a CAREGiver
Becoming a CAREGiver is a unique job with many rewards, as well as physical and emotional challenges. It is a labour of love that will enable you to build fulfilling and lasting relationships. Most importantly, you will make a meaningful difference in the lives of your clients and their families.
Frequently asked questions
Why work for Home Instead Senior Care in Norwich?
You will be working for the UK’s most admired care company providing world class home care for seniors.
In return we offer:
- Industry leading training including a City & Guilds accredited dementia qualification
- The opportunity to study for QCF qualifications and career progression
- A friendly and supportive team
- Flexible hours, competitive rates of pay, mileage allowance and paid holiday
- Longer care calls; our minimum call duration is 1 hour and many are longer giving you the time to make a real difference
- Compatibility matching between CAREGivers and clients on the basis of character, background and requirements
- Personal introductions to your clients to help you start building your relationships
Do I need experience in care or qualifications?
You do not need any experience or particular qualifications to become a CAREGiver. We’re looking for individuals who enjoy working with people, who like to be busy and like to work as part of a great team. It’s your friendly and positive attitude that we’re interested in so don’t worry if you don’t have exactly the right skills, our training will take care of the rest.
What does the work involve?
Services provided by our CAREGivers are flexible to the needs of each client and may include:
- Companionship, shopping and social activities
- Practical assistance around the home such as cooking, cleaning, laundry and running errands
- Help with daily personal care activities; dressing, bathing, grooming and medication reminders
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia care
When will I be required to work?
We provide services to clients, 24 hours per day, every day of the year. This means that there are flexible hours available, mornings, evenings, weekends and nights. We are looking for staff who want to work from 10 to 30 hours per week.
Why do I need a car?
Our CAREGivers travel to and from client’s homes in and around Norwich and are often asked to take clients out for shopping, appointments or social activities. There may be some limited opportunities for cyclists depending on the number of hours you are wanting to work.
What our CAREGivers say
“I never believed caring could be so rewarding. It is such a good feeling to bring a smile to a client as you work through your daily tasks, remembering to chat. The stories about the past they tell are so important to them and so interesting. I am proud to tell people I am a CAREGiver and the company I work for as many negative stories seem to be in the media at the moment. We must remember that we will all be old one day and there are people out there with good skills to become carers”
Jane – CAREGiver
“I love it. It’s not like a job. It’s like meeting with your friends. I previously worked in retail and am so pleased I moved to care. I even earn more money!”
Wendy - CAREGiver
How can I find out more?
For an informal chat call Hannah on 01603 480980 or contact us via the Employment Enquiry Form in the left hand menu.
The service is very reliable and staff always pleasant and on time.Mrs M, Norwich