There is currently no cure for dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, but research is ongoing to develop drugs, vaccines and other medical treatments. You can find out more about some of the different dementia treatments on the NHS website and from your GP.
Other treatments, activities and support – for the family carer, too – are important considerations in helping people to live well with dementia.
How to live well with dementia and Alzheimer’s
As a specialist in dementia care for people at home, Home Instead is recognised as a valued and trusted solution to help your loved one maintain their independence at home for as long as they are able to. Our trained CAREGivers provide personalised dementia home care that:
- Helps your loved one remain safe at home
- Helps to understand different behaviours and needs
- Promotes and encourages involvement in stimulating and engaging activities
- Builds confidence and encourages engagement
- Builds self-esteem and physical strength
We understand that each person’s experience of living with dementia is different. That’s why our care is bespoke and personal to find the best possible solution for your loved one to live happily and safely in their own home.