About Home Instead Havant
Welcome to Home Instead Waterlooville, Hayling, Havant and Emsworth.
We offer the best possible care and support, to enable those in later life to remain safe and independent in their own homes. Although we provide a range of services including companionship, home help, personal care, meal preparation, local transportation, post-hospital care and medication reminders – our service is not just about performing a task. We respond to a client’s changing needs, getting to know them and ensuring they have quality time! We match our CAREGivers to our clients, and work closely with both clients and their families to identify a person's needs, so everyone can feel confident in the service we provide.
I am Mark Gettinby owner of Home Instead Waterlooville, Hayling, Havant and Emsworth.
I have lived in Hampshire for nearly 20 years and have a personal understanding of care through my family’s experience of looking after my grandmother with dementia. I also have experience of caring for a close family member through cancer and understand the issues and concerns it brings.
I previously worked for Help the Aged, Age UK and Help Age International to address a wide range of issues associated with later life. I passionately believe that helping people to live independently in their own homes is the best option, and Home Instead Senior Care ensure that is done with dignity, respect and compassion for all our customers.
Home Instead puts the needs of the client first at all times, and these are some of the ways in which we are different:
· A face to face consultation ensures that care and support is tailored to a person’s needs.
· Minimum one hour visits ensure CAREGivers have the time to focus on the person. We never enter into block contracts which see care providers delivering short visits with no consideration of a person’s needs and choices.
· Our CAREGivers are not visiting to perform a task and then just leave. We know our clients can have good and bad days and we are flexible in responding to what is needed on any particular day.
· Continuity of care is important to us. A client having the same CAREGiver ensures that a relationship of trust is built. It is particularly important for our clients with memory loss, to see a familiar face.
· Our CAREGivers have ID but do not wear uniforms, as they can create a barrier, particularly when a CAREGiver accompanies a client out.
· Our CAREGivers have an enhanced background (DBS) check and are required to provide six references which are then carefully checked.
We appreciate that options for care can seem complicated. We will be pleased to clearly answer any questions about how we can assist. Please call, email, or visit us to meet our team. We are always happy to have a chat.
My husband has Frontotemporal Dementia, a condition that affects his ability to speak or take part in a conversation. This had proved a huge stumbling block with most agencies when trying to find a suitable companion for him. Home Instead has a unique approach to caring. They actually take the time to research the client so that the service provided is tailor made so to speak. I didn't want a carer for my husband he needed a companion and that's exactly what he's got. His companion certainly goes the extra mile to ensure my husband can once again enjoy some of the activities he once loved. Badminton, the Golf driving range, walks, museums or just a coffee somewhere, nothing is too much trouble, it's all about my husband and what makes a difference to him for those few hours. Thank you Home Instead for really caring about someone who is very special to me.Mrs G - Client's wife