Overnight Care Assistant
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of domiciliary care, live-in care, non-medical care and companionship services.
Overnight carers needed in the Woking and Guildford area.
Due to the growth of the company, Home Instead Guildford and Woking are seeking Overnight Carers to support our clients during and throughout the night in their own home - roughly between 9pm and 9am.
Overnight care is when a CAREGiver (Carer) stays in a client’s home until the morning to support them and be a reassuring presence. You are there to help enable a good night’s sleep and promote wellbeing.
One of our CAREGivers currently combines caring during the day for a couple of days a week and then supports one or two clients overnight following the days they are not working. Another CAREGiver supports a client 5 nights a week while also studying at University. Some of our newest CAREGivers tuck their young children into bed before supporting our clients overnight and are then back home in the morning to give their children breakfast.
What are the different types of overnight care?
Help and support the client into their nightwear and make sure they are comfortable in bed before they sleep. There may be occasions where you are woken during the night to help and guide the client to the toilet or assist with personal care. Please note, sleeping nights can sometimes turn into waking nights so you must be prepared to provide waking night care if needed.
Help and support the client into their nightwear and make sure they are comfortable in bed before they sleep. You will generally be woken more than three times per night and must be prepared to not sleep at all (dependant on the client and their needs) during the night, you will help and support the client with medication, monitoring, guide the client to the toilet or assist with personal care and any other needs the client may have.
Delivering high quality care for our clients who have a range of illnesses, such has Parkinson's disease, Stroke, Dementia and general frailty.
Supporting your client with all aspects of hygiene and continence care – if required.
Supporting clients to bed and helping them get ready for the day ahead. For those clients who struggle sleeping during the night, providing comfort and companionship-led care.
What we offer:
- Excellent pay- £11.10 up to £13.00 per hour (dependant on the type of overnight care required)
- We will support you gain a qualification in NVQ Adult Health and Social Care after a period of service, if desired
- Ongoing training and support
- Out of office hours support
- Free DBS check
- Accrued paid holiday
- Discretionary bonuses
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discount portal
What we ask:
- Experience in supported overnight and / or care preferable however, full training will be provided to the right candidate
- Willingness to provide both sleeping and waking night care
- Live in, or near, the Woking / Guildford area
- Willingness to provide personal care if required - full training will be provided
- You will be a driver with use of your own car and have access to reliable transportation
- Able to commit to 2 nights a week (minimum) working 9pm to 9am however, there is some flexibility with start and finish times
- Available on weekends – if needed