Join our 'OUTSTANDING' team
Planner administrator - Care agency
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of domiciliary care, live-in care, non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With passionate and motivated staff, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support. Our team has been rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission and we have been rated as a ‘5-star employer’ by WorkBuzz.
We are looking for an individual to join our Scheduling team as a Planner administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and allocation of care calls for our CAREGivers (Carers) using scheduling software. CAREGivers are assigned to service users (clients), and the scheduling team then works to ensure that all care calls are filled daily as well as when there are times of staff sickness, holiday or emergencies.
Care planning is a rewarding role but can be very demanding, so you will need to have good organisational skills, an eye for detail, the ability to work well under pressure and communicate well with our clients, office team and CAREGivers. You will be trained and supported in this role by the Scheduling Manager and other members of the Scheduling team.
- Understand and build effective and efficient schedules around our clients and CAREGivers.
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and last-minute cancellations
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members
- Match CAREGivers to new clients in conjunction with client services team and arrange introductions
- Ensure client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same CAREGiver and the same times each week, where possible
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences
- Work with the Recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met
- Work with the Care team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis
- Add and maintain all client and CAREGiver information onto to the electronic scheduling system
- Act as our ‘out of hours’ duty officer one evening per week and one weekend per month
- Act as a reserve CAREGiver on occasion if required
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business
- Working for a Care Quality Commission rated ‘outstanding' company that is a WorkBuzz ‘Five Star Employer’
- Excellent rates of pay
- Workplace pension
- 20 days holiday per year (pro rata), increasing by one day per year after two years of service to a maximum of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Staff discount portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on-site parking
- Experience in the care provision at a level that reflects the responsibilities of the post would be helpful
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good presentation skills
- Computer literate
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Administrative experience
- Full driving licence
- Owner driver
- Be friendly, calm, patient and able to work under pressure
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Experience in Coordination, Supervisor or Senior Care Worker within a care providing organisation.
- Local geographical knowledge
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure.