Be the reason someone smiles today
Care-Coordinating Assistant required - 4 days a week.
Home Instead Senior Care – Guildford & Woking are looking for an Assistant to support the busy Care-Coordinating team who schedule in excess of 6500 hours per month.
Care Coordinating can be very demanding, so you will need to have good organisational skills; an eye for detail; the ability to work well under pressure, and communicate well with our clients and CAREGivers.
To gain necessary experience and knowledge of this fast paced role, for three months you will work Monday- Thursday under the guidance and support of the Care Co-ordination Manager and team learning our scheduling system (People Planner etc.), process of allocation of client to CAREGiver and other scheduling duties.
After the first three months, your working days will change to Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Support the Care Coordinating team with the allocation of hours (1200+ care visits per week) and respond efficiently to unexpected changes.
- Support with the allocation of unallocated visits promptly.
- Creating a recurring rota under the supervision of the Care Coordinating Manager for clients and CAREGivers.
- Be the duty ‘out of hours’ support on the weekend.
- Provide CAREGiving duties when required
- Communicate with CAREGivers, clients and office staff through a variety of different methods
- Support the management of People Planner (our IM System)
- Manage and post weekly client and CAREGiver rota's where applicable.
- Adhoc administrative duties
- Working for a CQC rated 'OUTSTANDING' company that is an ‘Employer of choice’
- 5* employer
- Excellent rates of pay
- Workplace pension
- 20 days holiday per year (pro rata), increasing by one day per year after two years of service to a maximum of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Experience of People Planner and Scheduling is preferable, but training will be given to the right person.
- Be able to work confidently with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Able to think clearly under pressure and be comfortable using own initiative to solve problems
- Have a calm, patient telephone manner and be professional at all times.
- Willingness to work flexibly when required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Willingness to provide all types of care duties
- Ability to work every weekend after 2/3 months
- Full driving licence, business insurance and use of own car essential
- Be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure