Trainee Care Coordinator
Full time Trainee Care Coordinator
At Home Instead Guildford and Woking we provide bespoke quality, award-winning care to adults needing support in the community, in the comfort of their own homes with the mission to "Change the face of ageing and Caregiving ". We are passionate about preventative care, keeping our clients happy, healthy, and independent at home with our personalised, relationship-led care and giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part to ensuring that our clients receive the best in quality care and support the growth of our business.
We pride ourselves on delivering consistency and focus on the matching process of client to Caregiver, encouraging genuine relationships to form
Our business has been through substantial growth, and we have ambitious plans for the future and as a result, an opportunity has arisen for a full time Scheduler/ Care Coordinator to work with our existing Scheduling team who are responsible for allocating 8000circa hours of care a month to our clients in the Guildford and Woking area.
As a scheduler you will be key member of our vibrant office team of 14 and will have responsibility for resolving immediate scheduling issues and to ensure all visits are covered and Caregivers and clients are kept informed of any changes. You will also have opportunity to be involved in broader aspects of this very rewarding and fun business making a real difference in your community.
The beating heart of everything we do are our amazing clients and Caregivers. To support our continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Scheduler/ Care Coordinator to join our team based in Knaphill, Woking.
To be successful, you will be able to deliver a first-class service to both our clients and Caregivers who you will build strong working relationships with. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to act calmly and accurately under pressure. You will have a logical and analytical approach with excellent attention to detail and must be highly resilient with a positive approach and excellent communication skills.
- On-call duties and delivering care in an emergency.
- To manage the planning, coordinating, and scheduling of client visits.
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and last-minute cancellations, client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same CAREGiver and the same times each week, where possible.
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences.
- Responsive to changes in the schedule, liaise with relevant team members (If needed) and communicate short term changes to client schedules to Clients and Caregivers.
- Answer each incoming call and emails in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
- Work with the Care Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be facilitated and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Manage and approve Caregiver holiday requests ensuring sufficient cover is in place before approving.
- To ensure that all associated information is recorded accurately and promptly.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
You will receive:
- Up to £22.000 pa – DOE
- You will receive your birthday off as additional paid leave, or the nearest weekday if it falls on the weekend
- 20 days holiday plus Bank holidays, after two years service an additional days holiday each year up to 25 days per year
- Paid mileage
- Company pension scheme
- Full learning and development programmes
- Rewards schemes
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discount portal
- A friendly and supportive environment and office team
- Free onsite parking
- Anniversary gifts
- Car driver essential
- It is beneficial but not essential for the candidate to have experience in the care sector and have geographical knowledge of the Guildford and Woking area
- You will need excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Efficient computer literacy
- Positive, can do attitude with a growth mentality and embraces change
- Well-developed Excel and Word skills