Care Assistant (40 hour contract, day-shift)
£23,166 per year / 40 hours contact time per week (within 50 hours of availability)
£11.14 per hour
07:30 - 17:30 per day over five days per week (four weekdays and one weekend day)
Being a Caregiver is a well-respected and highly rewarding and varied role, with no two days the same.
We are looking for an experienced Caregiver to join our team as a Salaried Care Assistant. You will work five days per week from 07:30 to 17:30 (four weekdays and one weekend day) with 40 hours of contact time. As a contracted member of the team, you will be willing to cover any calls within your availability in the Guildford and Woking area of Surrey.
You will support our clients in their own homes, allowing them to continue to live independently. Duties will include companionship; home help and personal care and you will be a supportive and reassuring presence for those you visit. Examples include, but are not limited to:
Companionship: Taking a client to the shops; accompanying to appointments, going to the garden centre; having a chat over a coffee.
Home help: Tidying up; meal preparation; vacuuming; looking after pets; washing up.
Personal Care: Helping in and out of bed; changing clothes; using the toilet; showering or bathing; pad changes.
Ideally, you will have previous experience within domiciliary care and will be reliable, patient, friendly and compassionate.
You will receive a welcome bonus which can be cashed out at either one month (£369.60), two months (£554.40) or three months (£693) of service. You will receive paid mileage at 30p per mile between clients or 45p per mile if with a client. You will work with our Training Manager towards achieving a Care Certificate.
You will work public holidays and receive 28 days paid holiday per year, rising one day per year of service up to a maximum of 33 days. You will be happy to work public holidays due to the nature of the role.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and evidence of your right to work within the UK.
Why work for Home Instead Guildford and Woking
· As a Caregiver, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support.
· You will receive your birthday off as additional paid leave, or the nearest weekday if it falls on the weekend.
· We have been rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission, something we’re very proud of as it’s the highest rating that can achieved.
· We have an excellent reputation locally and a waiting list of clients waiting to receive care from us, which means the work is always there for our Carers.
· We provide great training and support. We have a three-day office-based course and then extensive shadowing, touch base calls and ongoing check ins, ensuring you’re comfortable and confident before the Care Team make you independent.
· We will support you in gaining a qualification in NVQ Adult Health and Social Care, if desired.
· We have a confidential Employee Assistance Programme and a staff discount portal.
· We have a friendly and supportive office team and out-of-hours support.
· Discretionary bonuses including gifts for reaching work anniversaries and achieving 'hours of care' milestones. As well as monthly competitions.
· We offer a free DBS check.
To be eligible for this position, we would need you to say yes to our six key questions:
1. Do you drive and have access to a vehicle?
2. Do you live in, or near, the Guildford and Woking area of Surrey?
3. Will you be willing, after training, to provide personal care for our clients when required?
4. Are you aged 18 or over?
5. Are you able to commit to 50 hours of availability per week including 10 hours at the weekend.
If you can say yes to the six questions above, we would be keen to hear from you.