Time to spare is time to care
Weekend Care Assistant (10 hour contract, weekend only)
10 hour contracted weekend care assistants
We are looking for weekend contracted CAREGivers (carers) to help and support our clients in Woking, Guildford and surrounding areas for 10 hours (contact time) every weekend.
Home Instead Guildford and Woking is a well-established ‘OUTSTANDING’ rated, health care provider, driven to provide the best person-centred care to vulnerable adults in their own homes across Guildford.
Our clients receive a bespoke, personalised package of care, tailored to their needs with companionship-led care services including; personal care, home help and dementia care. As a contracted CAREGiver, you will be expected to deliver all of these types of care packages.
This is a varied opportunity with no two clients being the same; as such you will be expected to attend all client calls with varying levels of care needs and complexities without exception.
We have an excellent reputation locally and a waiting list of clients wanting to receive our care so work is always there for our CAREGivers.
Why work for Home Instead Guildford and Woking?
- Excellent rates of pay – guaranteed 10 hours paid based on an average weekly total, PLUS the opportunity of topping up additional hours during the week
- Paid mileage allowance
- 5.6 weeks holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Free career development in Health and Social Care
- £200 refer a friend (T&C apply)
- Excellent paid training (T&C apply) and support, we have a three-day office-based course and then extensive shadowing, touch base calls and ongoing check-ins.
- Although there are a few exceptions our calls are a minimum of one-hour, ensuring calls are not rushed and are enjoyable for both you and the client.
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme and a staff discount portal.
- Friendly and supportive office team and out-of-hours support.
- Discretionary bonuses for work anniversaries and achieving 'hours of care' milestones
- We offer a free DBS check.
Shift examples could be:
10 hours contact time on a Saturday
10 hours contact time on a Sunday
5 hours contact time on and Saturday and 5 hours contact time on Sunday
In order to get your contact time, you would need to give approximately 16 hours of availability throughout the weekend.
If you’d also wish to work during the week as well, this would be based on a 0-hour contract and not part of your 10 hours contract.
To be eligible for this position, we would need you to say yes to our five key questions:
1. Do you drive and have access to a vehicle?
2. Do you live in, or near, the Guildford and Woking area of Surrey?
3. Will you be willing, after training, to provide personal care for our clients when required?
4. Are you aged 18 or over?
5. Are you able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours contact time every weekend
If you can say yes to the five questions above, we’d love to hear from you.