The simple act of caring is heroic!
Live-In Care Assistant
Live-in Placement register
Due to an increase in Client live-in enquires, Home Instead Guildford & Woking are looking to increase their bank of Live-in Caregivers.
The idea of the Live-in Caregiver database is to get you fully compliant, so when a suitable client match becomes available for you, you’re good to go immediately!
Home Instead Guildford & Woking are looking for people with kind and compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of life for our clients in Guildford, Woking and the surrounding areas as a Live-In CAREGiver (Carer). As a Live-In CAREGiver, you will live in a client's home and provide a variety of non-medical services to help them remain living independently.
The role of a Live-in CAREGiver is both rewarding and challenging, with great support from both family and the Home Instead team.
- As a Live-in Caregiver, you will be required to provide the highest quality care
- You will be responsible for delivering your client's personalised care plan and health goals, enabling clients to live life to the full in their own home
- We specialise in Alzheimer’s and Dementia care
- You will manage Client’s medical condition, meals, hygiene and ensure their safety at all times
- You will maintain a positive relationship with your client, their family, friends and those supporting their health and wellbeing as well as being trustworthy and compassionate.
We are looking for Live-in’ Caregivers who have a passion for supporting others who pride themselves on delivering an outstanding service. You will be reliable, trustworthy and respectful. You will enjoy building professional friendships and be comfortable spending time in the company of others.
- Placements on an employed basis
- On-going training - catering to the needs of both you and your client
- Out-of-hours support from the on-call manager
- Access to free EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
- Very competitive salary starting at £110-140 per day (dependant on clients and any complex client needs)
- Paid monthly during placements. Please note, there is no entitlement to additional pay for Bank Holidays
- Paid monthly at the rate of £110 per day during placements (additional rate for couples or complex care) Please note, there is no entitlement to additional pay for the Bank Holidays
- As a Live In Care CAREGiver, you will be provided with three meals a day or a food allowance of £35 per week), a separate room to stay and access to a TV and WiFi. In addition, we offer comprehensive training and support
The process of getting you compliant is:
- You complete and return the application form
- We contact your reference and once back we’ll get in contact to arrange an interview
- We’ll have an interview via Zoom
- If successful, we’ll obtain an enhanced DBS (if you haven’t got an Update Service DBS), we’ll then put you on the data base and ask for you to share your ‘Right to Work’ share code (if applicable)
- When a suitable placement match becomes available for you, we will get in touch to see if you are available to start the placement.
- Once you’ve confirmed, we’ll send you through the details confirming the placement and asking you to complete some documents such as Next of kin details, health declaration, bank details (so we can pay you ECT.)