We've taken our free talks and workshops online!
For many years we have been delivering a range of talks and workshops, free of charge, to local community groups and organisations. These include dentists, Law Firms, GP surgeries, memory cafes, carer support groups, social groups, supermarket staff, and people in a caring role for friends and family. With the arrival of Covid-19 we have taken these talks online, delivering them over various platforms such as Zoom and have been delighted by the feedback we’ve received for our virtual sessions.
The sessions are delivered free of charge by Director Mark McGlade, who said: “The training we deliver to our staff is award winning and includes accredited dementia and Parkinson’s training. We strongly believe in sharing this knowledge within our local communities empowering people to support each other and to live safely.
The feedback we’ve received really reflects how helpful people find them. For example we’ve had dental surgeries tell us they’ve been inspired to make changes within their practices to help patients with dementia. Also people plagued by scam phone calls telling us they feel better equipped to recognise these and what to do to prevent them.”
The following sessions are available across Exeter and East Devon:
· Dementia- understanding dementia and how to care for a person with dementia
· Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Friends Workshop- introduction to dementia
· First Aid and Basic Life Support
· Scams Awareness- highlights new and local scams with advice on how to remain safe online
· Avoiding Falls and Hospitalisation- tips and techniques to optimise safety at home
· Frailty- understanding frailty
· Stay Nourished- the importance of nutrition as we age
· Parkinson’s Disease- understanding the disease, it’s symptoms and management
· Choosing the Right Care- The importance of choosing the right care, navigating the care system and understanding what support and funding is available
We welcome enquiries about the talks and encourage anyone to get in touch who thinks these may be beneficial. Phone Rhea or Gill on 01395 200600 for more details or to book a session.