Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Domiciliary Registered Manager with a passion for caring to join our Exeter and East Devon office. The Registration will be shared with an established Registered Manager leading a office management team and team of amazing CAREGivers in the field.
As our Registered Manager, you will be be accountable for the management of the day to day running of Home Instead operations, ensuring compliance with all governing body requirements and legislation relevant to the service.
This is a varied and challenging role so we are looking for an individual who:
- Oversee compliance with regulators, legislation and Home Instead Franchise Standards.
- Promote the highest standards of care and service with a focus on person centred care.
- Manage the process of client acquisition form initial contact to conversion adhering to company policy
- Carry out care planning and conduct risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure successful operation of quality control systems and performing quality assurance visits for clients
- Continually reviewing and improving processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is always being delivered.
- Effectively managing complaints and incidents, carrying out investigations relating to the quality of the service, and using those findings to initiate improvements.
- Ensure relevant reports are forwarded to relevant bodies e.g. CQC
- Promote a positive culture in line with the Home Instead ethos and values.
- Network in the local community and via digital media to raise awareness of the service.
- Provide inspired leadership to the team making sure that exceptional service is delivered to the clients and workloads are managed accordingly ensuring safe staffing levels.
- Extensive care experience with a proven track record in providing consistent excellent customer service.
- Proven experience in leading, training and managing a team to provide high quality domiciliary care services.
- Have or be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of compliance and legislative requirements of the care regulations.
- Strong skills in conducting care assessment and care planning.
- Good understanding of systems and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to inspire others and build fantastic working relationships.
- Strong organisation and planning skills.
- Drive and motivation to take on a broad role and develop care services
- Passionate about providing the highest quality of care.
- Commercially aware and have strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrate achievement of business growth targets. Ability to work well and accurately under pressure.
- Be responsive, agile and remain calm whilst dealing with multiple priorities.
- Be flexible to meet demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.
- Good working knowledge of IT Systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite, working with databases and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require the support of team members out in the field in emergency situations, and the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and will make a real difference for the older people we work with. We offer an attractive salary and a fantastic career development opportunity.
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or equivalent.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, contact us on [email protected]
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.