Join our friendly team
Day shift Care & Companionship Care Professional
Travel and waiting time, mileage, holiday and pension, City & Guilds
The south-west's premium care employer - rated 5* CQC Outstanding and 5* Employer in Care
You must have a big smile that will make each client’s face light up when they welcome you at the door.
As each day is varied, you’ll need to think on your feet…and it helps to be light on them too as clients often enjoy a dance following afternoon tea.
A good pair of eyes and ears are essential. Ears to listen to a lifetime's worth of stories, and eyes to help them find their things if they’ve been misplaced!
You don’t have to be a Michelin star cook but being able to make a cuppa “just right” is essential.
We don’t wear uniforms (it's friendlier that way) but you must be prepared to roll up your sleeves to cook in the kitchen, or bring in some flowers from the garden!
Timekeeping is crucial, you should arrive on time, take your time to listen, take time to understand and take time to care - we measure time in hours, and each one matters.
A GCSE in history is not required, but helping a client relive their memories by flicking through a photo album together will be sure to make their day.
You’ll need to bring oodles of patience, and a sense of humour. We’re a social bunch at Home Instead who love getting together for regular training (and parties!) and we’ll always be there to support you no matter what.
If you tick some of these boxes, then a job at Home Instead might tick yours.
Apply online now and we’ll be in touch for a chat.
- Are you?
- Compassionate, reliable and genuinely caring
- A team player
- Professional and wanting to learn new skills
- A good communicator (a sense of humour helps)
- Someone who wants to make a positive difference to the life of someone in their community
- Available for part-time or full-time hours
- Able to take your clients out in the community using your own car
Benefits to you include:
- £10.75-£22.50 per hour, enhanced pay on bank holidays
- Paid travel and waiting time of up to an hour plus mileage allowance
- Free membership to Employee Assistance Programme which gives you 24/7 access to one to one counselling, legal advice and support, self-help and well being information
- Award winning training
- A days paid holiday on your birthday
- Refer a friend bonus £500 for you plus £250 for your friend
Apply by selecting 'I'm Interested' or call Tracy direct on 01395 200600 or email [email protected]