A Healthy Start to the New Year with Home Instead!
We’ve all probably overindulged a little over the Christmas period and many members of our Home Instead family would certainly admit to that! But with the festive season behind us, it’s time to look ahead and start the little changes that can make a big difference. Here’s our top tips for giving yourself a great kickstart to 2021.
· Regift the temptation! If there are unopened boxes of chocolates or biscuits lingering then consider passing them on to neighbours, friends or donating them to a food bank.
· Exercise... there’s no denying its benefits. Start with little and often, how about setting a goal of a short, daily walk every day in January.
· Keep track of your progress and feel proud! Even making the decision to improve your health is worth giving yourself a pat on the back for!
· Eat a good breakfast - it really is the most important meal of the day! It gets your metabolism started and reduces the risk of snacking in between meals.
· Consider introducing wholegrains such as oats and wholemeal bread, proteins such as eggs, and fruits such as bananas into your diet, these foods release energy slowly and will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
While we’re looking at our own health, it’s also a good time to think about our more vulnerable neighbours and family members. At Home Instead, our wonderful CAREGivers can offer wide-ranging support, enabling those we care about to remain independent within their own homes. If you would like some free, confidential advice, please give our friendly team a call on 01404 515900. Here’s to a healthy and happy new year!