Wales Lockdown Update (2) - April 21
There have been a few more changes to the rules in Wales this week. Here is what you can do now:
Saturday 24th April
- Six people from six households can meet outdoors (the total number does not include children under 11 or carers)
Monday 26th April
- Outdoor hospitality has re-opened, allowing pubs, cafes and restaurants to serve people in beer gardens or outdoor seating areas.
- Outdoor activities are allowed to resume with a maximum of 30 people
- Two people can visit friends or relatives in care homes
The next restrictions are due to be lifted from the beginning of May:
Monday 3rd May
- Extended households can reform and meet indoors
- Community centres to re-open
- Indoor activities for adults can resume for up to 15 people
Monday 17th May
- Indoor hospitality to re-open
- Cinemas, theatres and museums to re-open
- Tourist accommodation to re-open
- Organised activities such as wedding to increase to 30 indoors and 50 outdoors
The above dates are subject to covid cases remaining low across Wales and may be subject to change after 6th May, depending on the outcome of the Senedd vote.
Whilst we all look forward to the restrictions lifting, we know that clients who have been shielding will be cautious about a ‘return to normality’. It’s important that the most vulnerable people in our community are not left feeling isolated, whilst everything opens up around them.
We want to reassure you that we will continue to provide the safe, high quality care that you expect from us. We specialise in providing quality companionship visits that can aid the emotional needs of our clients, as well as monitoring other aspects of their health and wellbeing.
We will keep you updated as and when further restrictions are lifted.