Home Care Assistant - Wrexham
Home Instead really make a difference when providing tailored care in the home supporting the elderly to live in their own homes for longer.
- We are for an Accredited Real Living Wage Employer paying £10.60ph (£11.88ph inc of HP).
- Travel time paid in addition to hourly care rate
- Travel mileage paid at 30p per mile
With us there will be no rushing around from house to house, you will have a guaranteed minimum of one hour per client giving you the time to get to know and connect with the people that you care for. Continuity of care and building relationships are really important to us for both CAREGivers and our clients.
We have a number of positions available with different working patterns to suit individual CAREGivers needs and provide a work-life balance. You will be based near to where you live, however due to the nature of work, a driving licence is desirable for the role.
- CAREGivers are recognised for great work
- No uniform policy to break down those barriers between caregiver and client.
- Full training provided with support to all caregivers throughout their career as well as extensive support and guidance at the start of their role.
- Development opportunities and ongoing qualifications to stay current in your industry including Health & Social care qualifications.
What does a typical day as a Home Instead CAREGiver look like?
You'll be supporting your clients at home with their one-hour care calls, assisting with a variety of daily living tasks. This could include helping them to get showered or dressed in the morning, supporting them with their regular medication or preparing them nutritious meals throughout the day, we feel that home cooked food is best where we can. You may also be accompanying clients to appointments or social activities within the community and providing companionship at home. We hope you like tea as you may drink many cups with our clients!
It would be desirable if you have previously worked in care as a care assistant, volunteered with older adults, or looked after a family member at home but is not essential as full training is provided.
You will ideally have a driving licence and access to a suitable means of transport depending on the area you wish to work or the hours that you would lik
We are extremely proud of the work we do at Home Instead, why not give us a call today and find out more about joining our friendly team!
Please enter your details below to apply or if you'd like an informal chat about the role please call us on:
Wrexham - 01978 660423
Home Instead is an equal opportunities employer, encouraging applications from all sections of the community throughout Wrexham and Flintshire as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
NB: All roles are subject to a successful DBS check.