New Year, New Start, New Job?
Once the dust settles after the hectic festive period, January usually gives us chance to take stock and reflect on the past year. For many it’s a time of resolutions and new beginnings, hoping that this new year will be better than the last.
This can manifest itself in different ways – for some it could be kick-starting our healthy eating after the excesses of Christmas. It might mean getting all those little DIY jobs done around the house. It could mean changing careers to do something that you’ve always wanted to do.
If you fall into the latter category then perhaps that is something that Home Instead can help you with?
We are looking for a number of new CAREGivers to meet the demand for new elderly clients across Wrexham and Flintshire.
One of the best things about working for Home Instead is that you don’t need to have any prior experience of care to become a CAREGiver. All the training you need is provided to enable you to offer the highest standards of home care.
It’s ideal if you’re at the stage where you’re looking for a new start or a change of career.
Do any of these describe you?
- You’ve had a previous role within the care industry
- You’ve raised your children at home and now looking to get back into employment
- You’ve cared for elderly relatives and think it might be something you’d enjoy more of
- You’ve volunteer within your local community, but you’re looking for a paid role
- You've worked in the same job for years, but are looking to do something a little more rewarding
Working for Home Instead
Home Instead is different from other care companies. We don’t rush our home visits so you have more time to spend with your clients. Each visit is a minimum of 1 hour, often more, giving you the time to get to know them and form those professional friendships and giving clients and their families peace of mind that we are providing the best care for them.
We also make sure that our clients have continuity of CAREGiver. You’ll be working in small teams, visiting clients on a regular basis and will always be introduced on an individual basis before your first ‘official’ visit.
All our CAREGivers receive the following benefits:
- Initial training so you’re equipped to do the job
- Ongoing training and development
- Shadowing and mentoring from experienced CAREGivers
- Great rates of pay, above minimum wage, plus enhanced pay for Weekends and Bank Holidays
- Mileage contribution
- Flexible working routines
- Employee Assistance and Benefit schemes
Home Instead Wrexham and Flintshire were recently placed in the Top 20 for Home Care Providers in the whole of Wales, and have also received a 5 star employer award, based on feedback from staff and clients.
Find out more
We are holding two open days at the start of January so you can find out more about working in home care. You’ll be able to meet members of our friendly local teams, have an informal chat about the vacancies available and what the role entails, and find out more about the ethos behind Home Instead.
Thursday 2nd January 10am - 2pm
Friday 3rd January 10am - 2pm
You’re welcome to drop in throughout the day – bring your CV with you if you are able to.
Alternatively, if you can’t make it to the above, please do call the office to speak with our recruitment coordinator Mel on 01978 660 423 or 01244 735201.