We understand that looking for a new role can be stressful, whether you have worked in care previously or have no experience of delivering care. There are many different terms for people who look after the Elderly from Carer, Care Assistant, Home Care Assistant to name a few. Here at Home Instead we use the term CAREGiver, because that’s simply what we do, we give an Elderly person the care they have asked for.
We have compiled a list of 15 plus reasons why we think you should work with us at Home Instead Wrexham and Flintshire East and how we are different from other providers.
1. Awarded Top 10 Home care provider in Wales Award 2017 Homecare.co.uk – This award comes from positive independent client reviews
2. Princess Royal Award - we have been awarded the Princess Royal Award for the dementia training provided in house.
3. No experience necessary. – What we look for; if you have brought up a family. looked after elderly relatives. volunteered for local good causes, retired and looking to keep busy or simply have a caring heart and wish to support the elderly in your community - you would be ideal.
4. 1-hour calls as standard - all our clients regardless of needs receive a visit that last no less than 1 hour, allowing you to provide everything that is needed and has been requested. You will also have time for great conversations.
5. Continuity of Care - we promise our clients they will receive the same caregivers, you will build that quality relationship and return on regular visits
6. Travel Time – Longer visits mean more hours worked and less travelling, you will deliver care within your local area and we also pay travel mileage.
7. Flexibility – Our roles allow you to fit in work with everyday life.
8. 100% would Recommend - A recent independent survey showed 100% of our caregivers in 2017 would recommend the role to a friend.
9. Monthly CAREGiver awards – We like to reward our CAREGivers for their hard work, so every monthly we give out a “made a difference “award as appreciation.
10. The option to undertake a L2 or L3 qualification in Health and Social care or a City & Guilds L2 in Dementia both are funded, plus other further Continued professional development training
11. Queens Award for Innovation - Home Instead are the only homecare provider in the UK to have been awarded the Queens Award.
12. Employee Benefits scheme – All of our CAREGivers can benefit from our company benefits scheme that gives you discounts to leading retailers, services, days out, restaurants and much more.
13. Gradual progression for continued professional development.
14. No uniform - we provide home care with a huge dose of companionship, we don’t want to advertise our clients as vulnerable and we also like to encourage them to accept support with shopping and appointments.
15. Company Pension Scheme – CAREGivers are either automatically enrolled or have the option to join the government back NEST pension scheme
16. Choice of guaranteed average hour contracts after 6 months of employment.
17. All Bank Holidays are paid at Double Time.
18. Local Office with a friendly, approachable team.
19. We will introduce you to all of you elderly clients in person
20. All clients will have an individualised care plan that details what the client has requested support with, The care we deliver is not assessed by social services and as such is not limited to time and task, we deliver a tailored package which covers almost anything a client could wish for.
To see our current vacancies, click here