To us it's personal.
Employee Assistance Programme, Career Progression.
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum on hour visits, industry leading training and outstanding quality rating we are proud of the care we provide.
Our CAREGivers and clients are matched based on their personality, interests and hobbies, which provides an exceptional care experience.
This is an important role, working as a key part of our vibrant operations team based in Wirral. As our Training Officer, you will be responsible for the implementation, overview, organisation and delivery of training programmes to improve the core knowledge, skills and competence of our CAREGivers.
- Delivering induction and more advanced training programmes for our CAREGivers
- Completing competency assessments for each individual to ensure they have the required skills and knowledge.
- Working closely with our Care Operations support team to ensure all new CAREGivers are supported during their first 3 months in the role.
- Ensuring all refresher training and more specialised training (e.g., Dementia Care) training are delivered in-line with the CAREGiver development journey.
- Develop and implement training to enhance the skills of the existing team through personal development plans (PDP).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all training, identifying any gaps, and recommending solutions to meet these needs.
- Work with CAREGivers and be a role model for high quality care in clients’ homes.
- Management of the Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring all training records are completed and up to date.
- Keep up to date with any related developments in the Health and Social Care sector and ensure all training materials reflect current legislative requirements.
- Identify any relevant funding opportunities for training.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s equality, diversity, and equal opportunities policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
What we offer you
The successful applicant will be joining our friendly and professional Care Operations team in Wirral, and will benefit from:
- Excellent salary (£20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience)
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme.
- COVID-safe practices.
- Employee benefits and pension scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will provide training and support tailored to your needs to ensure you are confident in your own role.
- Opportunities to gain recognised qualifications and develop your career.
To be successful in this role you will need:
· NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
· Relevant training experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· The ability to communicate effectively and inspire others; helping them to achieve their full potential.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community, as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
- Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.