Industry leading training, support, career development, discount schemes
Our office in Dalgety Bay, Fife was established in 2021 based on our mission to brighten the lives of older people living in the local community by giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This vital role will ensure our clients receive the best quality care, our care assistants are well supported, and our business will continue to grow and prosper.
£22,000 - £24,000 a year
To perform a wide variety of administrative duties in a timely manner to support the smooth running of the office. To co-ordinate the scheduling of services to ensure the Care Team can deliver outstanding care to meet the needs of our clients.
- Responsible for key areas of office administration, adapting as required to the needs of the business.
- Supporting service delivery by ensuring schedules are built efficiently around our clients and care assistants and by managing short-notice schedule changes effectively.
- Adding and maintaining all client and care assistant information on the electronic scheduling system.
- Managing correspondence by responding to emails and telephone calls in a warm, professional and timely manner.
- Maintaining effective data storage systems ensuring that all databases and records are kept up-to-date.
- Liaising with care assistants to ensure staffing levels are sufficient for resourcing new and existing care packages.
- Coordinating holidays and periods of leave for the Care Team.
- Supporting recruitment activities and pre-employment check processes where appropriate.
- Coordinating Care Assistant communications such as newsletters, policy updates and Care Assistant of the month etc.
- Supporting the quality assurance and service review functions of the business.
- Controlling office supplies, including PPE, in accordance with office needs.
- Participating in the out-of-hours duty function.
- Providing emergency care cover as and when required.
- Carrying out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Ensuring compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- A practical, methodical, and holistic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise work tasks.
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to work accurately to deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work flexibly.
- Able to work well as part of our team, providing support to colleagues and Care Assistants.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about being part of a team delivering outstanding care to clients.
- Warm, friendly and professional approach.
- Willingness to develop a career in health and social care.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Experience of working in a similar role would be desirable.
- An SVQ Level 3 in Social Services and Healthcare at SCQF Level 7 would be desirable, or a willingness to work towards the qualification.
- Travel between the office and our client's homes may be required at certain times; therefore, a valid UK driver's licence and access to a vehicle would be preferable.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you. Contact us on 01383 668866 or apply online to start your new, rewarding career with Home Instead West Fife and Kinross.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the towns and villages in which we work.
Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment, therefore this role is subject to enhanced criminal record checks.