Anyone that cares for somebody is likely to have many unanswered questions regarding both the care they are giving to their loved on and the care they owe themselves.
Here are some tips from our own CAREGivers to help you become the best carer you can be:
* Help Them to Feel Good - A new haircut or item of clothing can do wonders for your loved one's confidence and self-worth, so dont forget to treat them every now and then!
* Be Patient - It can often take time to get into a consistent care routine. Keeping calm and patient will allow this to happen whilst also respecting your loved one's dignity and independence.
* Accept That They Have Changed - The person you care for is unlikely to be the person you knew them to be. Accepting this change will help you to stay in the here and now and give the best possible care.
* Take A Guilt Free Break - Allowing yourself some alone time to unwind a few times each month will help you to re-energise and provide a much better quality of care.
* Accept Help - In order to properly take care of someone else, you need to also be able to take care of yourself. When people offer to help you, it's ok to accept it.
Join The Home Instead Team!
We are always on the lookout for caring, compassionate people to join the team and because we provide Training, no previous experience of working in care is necessary - just a desire to make a difference to people's lives.
If you would like more information on becoming a CAREGiver give us a call on 01707 240 650.