Recruitment & Training Administrator
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enable us to provide personalised support.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Recruitment & Training Administrator to join our friendly team. This position is full-time (40 hours per week), based at our office in Walthamstow. We serve the Walthamstow and Redbridge areas and this role is ideal for locally based applicants.
The Recruitment & Training Administrator is expected to perform a variety of duties for the general administration of the office and the recruitment of CAREGivers. To recruit, screen, interview and process all potential CAREGivers in order to provide the highest quality service to clients, as well as support other staff members with clerical tasks. We are a community-based service and this role will involve some travel within the areas we serve. Duties will include:
· The recruitment journey from application to initial training
· Short list, telephone Interview & qualify suitable candidates
· Coordinate candidate face to face interviews
· Obtain references and complete DBS applications
· Update our talent tracking software
· Update, refresh and post vacancies
· Candidate administration through to contract issue
· Prepare reports and analysis for the Management team
· Other office administration as required
· Support the team as required, this may include Client visits and providing care
· This role includes an out of hours on call duty, which is shared among the team
· Previous recruitment or training experience desirable
· Previous experience of in administration essential
· Good understanding of all Microsoft office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
· Excellent Maths & English skills
· Driving license with access to own vehicle
· Good clear telephone manner
· A keen eye for detail Well organised with a strong sense of initiative
· Able to work within and support our team
You will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay.
· Pension Scheme and Paid Holiday.
- Ongoing support – We want to make sure you get the most out of your career. Our team will help you along the way. We’ll always be there for any advice or guidance you need.
- Genuine Career Development & Progression Opportunities - We support all of our team along their career path and help people progress to where they want to be.
- Industry-Leading Training and Development - It’s not just our care that is award-winning, we have one of the best training programs in the industry.
- Free onsite parking.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Staff discount portal.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
Ready to start your journey with Home Instead? Apply now to get started!