Part Time CareGiver - Redbridge
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of our clients lives. Every one of our clients are unique and special and the joy and comfort that our clients receive from our CareGivers visiting them, makes this an incredibly rewarding job.
As our clients live in their own homes, they need care visits that work around their lifestyle and needs, generally visits are carried out between 7.30am and 9pm.
Home Instead offers great rates of pay and the support of a friendly and professional office team. All you need is a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on delivering an outstanding service. You will need to be reliable, trustworthy and respectful. You will need to enjoy building professional friendships and to be comfortable and confident with spending time in the company of others.
As well as gaining fulfilment for yourself, you will be really helping to reduce periods of loneliness and making a huge difference to our clients lives, your visits are very important to our clients health and well-being.
- Reflect the core values of Home Instead Senior Care
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Document daily activities and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Maintain regular communication with line manager and office staff
Companionship Services which could include, but are not limited to:
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Monitor diet, food and fluid intake
- Stimulate and encourage our clients through a variety of activities
- Arrange and accompany our clients to appointments, activities and outings
- Assist with walking (lending an arm to steady)
Home Help Services which could include, but are not limited to:
- Run errands / collect prescriptions etc
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, washing and ironing, taking out rubbish, caring for houseplants, animals etc.)
- Organise and tidy cupboards and check food expiry dates
- Supervise home maintenance
- Help with shopping and oversee home deliveries
Personal Care Services which could include, but are not limited to:
- Provide medication administration / reminders
- Help with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Help with continence care
- Assist to eat and drink
- Provide Dementia / Alzheimer care
- Assist with morning, lunch, tea and evening visits.
You do not need any care qualifications or formal experience to become a CareGiver with Home Instead, as we will provide you with our award-winning CareGiver training. The only thing you will need to apply is a warm and compassionate nature, a people-orientated personality and a willingness to learn and care.
As a CAREGiver, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.