Part Time CAREGiver Vacancies
We’re looking for people with the personality and passion to build great relationships with our clients.
Our clients trust us. They will rely on you to listen carefully to what they need, take an interest in them and deliver excellent care. If you enjoy interacting with older individuals and want to pursue an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, caregiving might be the career for you.
The central and most important part of a CAREGiving role with Home Instead is offering companionship and conversation. Each of our CAREGivers is matched to a client based on mutual interests to encourage a strong relationship to develop.
We believe you need this understanding and bond to be able to care for someone as if they were a member of your own family. Indeed, many of our CAREGivers do not have formal experience of working as a carer before they join our team, but have looked after a family member or neighbour and want to make a difference to an older person’s life by using the experience they have gained.
Our service is companionship led and so a considerable responsibility of a CAREGiver is to stimulate and encourage the client through a range of different activities that sustain or improve their quality of life. A CAREGiver’s responsibilities can also include accompanying clients to appointments and social events, light housekeeping, planning and preparing meals and helping with daily living routines.
We are looking for friendly, kind, compassionate people who like to spend time with older people and build a friendly and professional relationship. Therefore we don’t believe in onerous application forms, we prefer to meet face to face for a chat to make sure you match our values and most importantly for you to see what Home Instead is all about. Don’t worry if you don’t have sector experience, we have extensive training and on-going development opportunities that will enable to you deliver our special brand of relationship-led care.
What we will give you:
- Working hours to suit your needs around other commitments you may have
- A range of employment contracts including flexible and guaranteed hours
- A specialised training assessment program as part of our recruitment process on how to become a Home Instead CAREGiver
- Investment in you as a person. You will gain the Care Certificate upon 12 weeks of service and have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications
- Opportunities for career progression
- An hourly wage reflective of the important role you do considerably higher than the living wage
- Client time & travel time are both paid
- Holiday pay, pension and a range of company benefits
- Our friendly and knowledgeable office team will be offering you support along the way
- Most importantly the chance to feel a part of the growing family of CAREGivers that really do care
What we need from you:
- Your full name and details upon application
- If you are one of the successful few to join our outstanding and growing team you would need to complete a new transferable DBS check, the cost of which we will refund.
- The right car insurance – this is really simple and in our experience, this should cost no more than a £25.00 one-off admin charge – this will allow you to take your clients out and about and cover your travel.