Hello, and welcome to Home Instead Senior Care for North Oxfordshire and South West Northamptonshire. We are the only local organisation rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission as well as being the number one home care company in Oxfordshire on homecare.co.uk. We provide high quality care for people in their own homes in Banbury, Brackley, Chipping Norton, Bicester and surrounding areas. Many thanks for visiting us. Do please use our contact form if you feel we can help by clicking here.
Our office is run by Graham and Elaine Holtom both of whom have personal experience of elderly care. Graham's father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease more than a decade a go and so he had to navigate the care system to find the quality of care that he felt was needed. Elaine on the other hand has had a lifelong nursing career - both in a hospital setting and through District Nursing, and so has dealt with many care companies on a professional basis. These experiences have given us a practical understanding of the need for quality care with compassionate tailor-made support.
We are part of an award-winning homecare provider offering a wide range of non-medical services to help seniors and their families feel secure, confident and happy in their own homes. Our services include home-help and companionship, through to personal and dementia care. Because we care we operate to the highest standards – but don’t just take our word for it. A number of surveys from LaingBuisson, the UK’s leading healthcare information specialist have revealed Home Instead as England’s leading homecare provider (see our news pages), achieving the highest Care Quality Commission compliance scores among all the homecare branches across the country.
We place great value on the relationship between our CAREGivers and our clients. We want people to know each other and build a trusting bond over time, so that both sides feel they are spending time with a friend. In order to achieve this we:
- don't do short visits. Our minimum time is an hour. We just don't believe you can deliver quality care with less time than this,
- subject all CAREGivers to a rigorous selection procedure where we assess their motivation, compassion, reliability and empathy. They are also required to provide four references and attend a five day induction training process prior to meeting a client,
- closely assess compatability between CAREGivers and clients,
- guarantee that clients are introduced to their CAREGivers before care starts so that clients will never have a stranger coming to their home to give care,
- don't wear uniforms which we feel can interfere with a relationship and
- follow-up regularly with both clients and caregivers to make sure things are going well