Deputy Care Manager
Our office was established in 2019 and our mission is to brighten the lives of people requiring additional support to remain in their own homes, providing them with a sense of purpose, well-being & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
Do you want to work with great people and feel confident that your colleagues are always there to support you? This may be the role for you!
This is an opportunity to be part of an ambitious team that is aiming not only to be the first choice for people looking for care in their own home, but also to be an employer of choice on the Island. If you want to be part of a team that continuously strives to provide quality support for not only their clients but also their care team, this could be what your looking for.
- Taking the lead with CAREGiver compliance, client quality assurance and risk assessments
- Completing Care Assessments, creating personalised care plans, risk assessments and matching suitable CAREGivers based on skills, interests and hobbies
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients, their families and professionals
- Supporting and mentoring CAREGivers to deliver care that meets "the Mum test" (care that you would want for your own family)
- Responsible for weekly audits of daily care records and MAR Charts and action planning if required
- Complete competency assessments, identify staff development needs and support staff with personal development plans
- Complete staff appraisals, team meetings and CAREGiver support visits
- CAREGiver team line management including back to work interviews, supporting performance plans
- Provide care and support to our clients if required
- On-call phone on schedule basis
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business
You will need to enjoy being in a team, with lots of challenges and priorities to balance. You should have a passion for self development and the ability to organise your daily work load. Although this role is based on Monday - Friday 9 - 5 pm, there are expectations, on occasions where you may be needed to provide care cover or quality checks outside of these hours.
We are looking for someone with the passion and personality to support our existing team. You should have at least 2 years experience in a senior caring role, ideally within a domiciliary setting with a full UK Driving License and access to motorised transport as this role is part of our on-call and management team.
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification
- Experience of care quality management, supporting and supervising staff
- Ability to prioritise work tasks and think outside the box
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations specific to Health and Social Care
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office and virtual communication platforms with the aptitude to learn and adopt new technologies and software where appropriate
- Flexibility to work outside of Monday - Friday 9 - 5 to support management duties and ensure care visits are covered
- Salary £24,500 - £27,000 per annum
- Mileage allowance
- Pension scheme
- Benefit scheme to save money on your shopping
- You will have 24 hour access to our Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- We will provide training and support tailored to your needs to ensure you are confident in your role
- Opportunities to gain recognised qualifications and develop your career
- A great culture and the chance to make a real difference in your life and the lives of others
- Bonuses up to £100 for our Refer a Friend scheme
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.