Learning and Development Co-ordinator
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
Our Ilkley office was established in 2014 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best quality care and also to support the growth of our business.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about improving the lives of older people. The purpose of the role is to have a Co-ordinator who is responsible for the implementation, overview, organisation, and delivery of training programmes to improve the knowledge, skills and competence of CAREGivers
· Deliver Home Instead’s Induction Training programme for all new CAREGivers, ensuring they attain the relevant level of competence to deliver their role.
· Complete on the job competency assessments to ensure CAREGivers have the right skills and knowledge.
· Work closely with the office team to ensure all new CAREGivers are fully supported in their first 3 months of employment.
· Responsible for delivering training as outlined in the CAREGiver Development Journey for all CAREGivers, ensuring all relevant refresher training is completed within the correct timescales.
· Deliver specialist training, including Dementia, End of Life and advanced Personal Care to all CAREGivers.
· Develop training and enhance the skills of the existing team through personal development plans.
· Identify and agree additional training or development needed to build competence and confidence of CAREGiver.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of all training, identifying training gaps and recommending relevant training solutions to meet these needs.
· Work with CAREGivers and role model high quality care in the client’s home.
· Manage the Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring training records and the team's training compliance is up-to date at all times.
· To keep up to date with all new developments in the Health and Social Care Sector and ensure all training materials reflect current legislative requirements.
· Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
· Relevant training experience.
· Experience in preparing and delivering training programmes.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Ability to communicate and motivate others, helping them to achieve their potential.
· Good working knowledge of IT Systems with experience of Microsoft Office, working with databases and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
· Willing to complete Home Instead’s train the trainer courses
· A good knowledge of health and social care.
· A recognised training qualification
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.