Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
Our Ilkley office was established in 2014 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best quality care and also to support the growth of our business.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about improving the lives of older people. The purpose of the role is to ensure that our clients receive the appropriate support and a high- quality service. It is also to support clients from initial enquiry and throughout their journey with Home Instead.
· Carry out care consultations, service reviews and complete client support plans.
· Conduct staff supervisions and client quality assurance visits.
· Create and update client care plans and assist with digital care planning.
· Maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records on Home Instead software.
· Conduct client and CAREGiver introductions.
· Build and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients, their families and other professionals involved in their care.
· Carry out service reviews and action these accordingly.
· Carry out support visits with CAREGivers.
· Provide support to the Client Experience team.
· Maintain regular contact with clients and CAREGivers.
· Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
· A recognised further education qualification
· Experience in the care sector delivering a wide range of personal care services.
· Passion for delivering the highest quality care to our clients and helping them to live independently and happily in their own homes.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
· Must be confident to use care management technology including providing support and training to CAREGivers.
· Must understand the importance of confidentiality working within current legislation.
· Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office and virtual communication platforms with the aptitude to learn and adopt new technologies and software.
· Must have full driving license and means of transport to travel within the territory to visit clients.
· Be organised and flexible to meet the needs of the business.
· Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations specific to Health and Social Care.
· Experience of working with MAR sheets and medication in a supervisory role.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.