To us, it's personal.
Deputy Care Manager
We at Home Instead Senior Care – Greenwich & Bexley are proud to be the first and only homecare provider in Greenwich and Bexley boroughs to have received the highest rating of ‘Outstanding’ by CQC!
We provide a variety of homecare services which include companionship, home help, personal care, Live In Care and specialised care. The care plans are highly personalised and tailored to the needs and wishes of our Clients. Continuity of care and building relationships is important to us, therefore, our visits last a minimum of 1 hour to 24/7 and we match our Clients with the right CAREGivers. Each CAREGiver will be introduced and have shadow shifts to ensure they feel fully confident before working independently.
Home Instead Senior Care - Greenwich and Bexley was established in 2015 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
The Deputy Care Manager is expected to perform a variety of duties to assist the Registered Care Manager in ensuring compliance with the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and adherence to The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014, and to provide the highest quality of support to clients and CAREGivers.
- Deputise for the Registered Care Manager as and when required.
- Provide motivational leadership and line management to the Client Services team, building and maintaining a positive team ethos.
- Actively participate and contribute in objective setting and review succession planning
- Undertake Key Players One-to-One Performance Reviews
- Respond to new service enquiries received by phone, email, website and in person from prospective clients in a professional, knowledgeable and efficient way.
- Undertake consultation to new clients, complete assessments and complete all new client’s paperwork as required.
- Create new care plans, ensuring they are completed, reviewed and updated in accordance with Home Instead standards and update the computer system.
- Ensure clients and CAREGivers are matched and CAREGiver schedules are coordinated effectively, using recurring scheduling, through Home Instead’s computer system.
- Undertake all existing clients’ service review, update the care plans and complete all paperwork as required and update the computer system
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records on the system and through hard copy files.
- Carry out CAREGiver introductions to clients and shadow (lead if required) initial calls until the CAREGivers are settled onto the package.
- Maintain regular touch points with Clients by carrying out courtesy calls, QA, Service Review as per Home Instead Franchise Standards, including maintaining and updating the computerised tracking system, ensuring that issues arising are dealt with/followed up on in a timely way.
- Communicate regularly with clients, ensuring means of communication are tailored to individual client needs.
- Ensure that client’s birthday cards and greeting cards are sent.
- Carry out CAREGiver Appraisals, One-to-One Supervision, Return to Work meetings, Support Visits (Spot Checks), competency assessment and singing-off on Care Certificate.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with both clients and CAREGivers.
- Ensure affective monitoring of service visits using the system.
- Carry out Clients and CAREGivers satisfaction surveys and Reviews, for eg PEAQ survey, homecare.co.uk surveys.
- Complete clients and CAREgivers termination process.
- Perform regular Audit of the Clients and CAREGivers files and complete actions
- Identify training & development needs for CAREGiver and Key Player & action
- Support and develop team members through coaching, supervisions and appraisals, and deal with HR matters in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Deal with safeguarding concerns following policies and procedures at all times.
- Participate in the out of hours “on call” rota.
- Act as an ambassador for Home Instead Senior Care, demonstrating the values and culture at all times and being a positive role model to all staff.
- Ensure the requirements of the CQC and the Franchise Standards (including all relevant policies and procedures) are met at all times.
- Work outside of normal working hours when business needs require it
- Provide hands-on care for clients as and when necessary
- Support Care Coordinator with scheduling as and when needed.
- Deliver Home Instead Learning & Development and other trainings.
- Undertake networking activities and take part in networking events.
- Participate in training, meetings as required.
- Produce regular KPI reports for the Registered Care Manager/Director.
- At all times maintain confidentiality for all Home Instead Information, including but not limited to client, Caregiver & office data.
- Any other reasonable request by the management team.
Required Core Skills
- Planning & Prioritisation
- Safeguarding our people/clients
- Problem Solving
- Regulated Compliance
- Management of Performance
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Using Business Policy & Process
Required Core Behaviours
- Putting Clients first
- Working Together
- Achieving More
- Having a Positive Impact & Influence
- Knowing & Managing Self
- Developing Self & Others
- Seeks to Understand
- Salary - £25,000 per annum
- Oncall payment, as per our oncall payrate
- Holiday pay and pension scheme
- Discounts on your favourite brands including Tesco, Costa, Cineworld and many more!
- Free membership to ‘Life and Progress Employee Assistance Programme’ which gives you 24/7 access to one to one counselling, legal advice and support, self-help and well being information
- City and Guilds accredited training, Care Certificate, Dementia and End of Life trainings
- Leadership and Management training
- Staff social events
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.