What can our Clients Do?
Restrictions brought in to combat COVID 19 have meant we are unable to do what we used to do in the way we used to do them!
The rules on the number of people gathering, social distancing and the requirement of isolating for some, has resulted in many activities, that our clients once enjoyed, having ceased.
With this in mind we have made some suggestions of what our clients can do instead in our most recent client newsletter.
Most of the activities are internet based. The list is broad including links to crafting, exercise, cooking, painting, singing and many more. We found the Alzheimer’s Society and the Royal Voluntary Service had many ideas and the BBC has a great archive.
If you would like a copy of our newsletter with these ideas then please contact me.
One of our clients loves art and has been very sad that her art group is no longer meeting so she has volunteered to paint some pictures which we can then set up as Christmas cards! This is a lovely idea which we are very excited about.
For those clients with no access to the internet we have a few suggestions:
· Make sure you are on our mailing list for your free weekly magazine, the Weekly Sparkle.
· We also have some exercise DVDs in the office if you would like to borrow one and maybe try some gentle exercises with your CAREGiver.
· We also can print off crosswords, word searches and puzzles in the office and give them to your CAREGiver should you like any to try.
· Do some baking or cooking with your CAREGiver.
· Create a music playlist with your CAREGiver and I will then have the tracks put on a CD for you.
· With the help of your CAREGiver plant some winter/spring bulbs- for example: hyacinths, crocus, daffodils and tulips are all great in the garden or in a plant pot. Put some in a plant pot in your kitchen and watch them grow.
I am also pleased to announce the return of our monthly Memory Lane Café. This will start again in November and will be a virtual event via ZOOM. All clients are welcome to join me, it will be an opportunity for a catch up and a sing-a-long. Invitations will be posted shortly. We will try and schedule this when our CAREGivers can be with their clients and so they can help access the ZOOM event for them.
If you think I can be of any help please contact me, by telephone 01992 66677 or by email [email protected]