Evening and Weekend Home Care Assistant
We are committed to ensuring that we build a fantastic team to provide the highest quality of care for our future clients and their families, giving peace of mind to all concerned. We can guide you through the difficult decisions that need to be made when looking for care and help you decide if care at home is the route you should take.
The East Herts & Uttlesford office provides high-quality at-home care to the local community and is proud of the results of our recent Care Quality Commission inspection in October 2019, which showed we met all standards.
Please take a moment to read some of the comments from our clients and their families about the difference a Home Instead Care Professional has made to their lives. These are real comments from real people, whose lives have been enhanced by our service.
Our quality care service is competitive and tailor-made to each individual. Support for older people may include companionship, home help, and personal care.
The East Herts & Uttlesford Home Instead office is one of over 1000 offices worldwide, with over 250 in the UK.
We are recruiting for Evening and Weekend Home Care Assistants across East Herts to provide much-needed support to our clients outside of normal working hours.
These are permanent roles and Home instead can offer working hours between 4.15 pm - 10:15 pm Monday - Friday and alternate weekends.
The Evening and Weekend Home Care Assistants provide a variety of non-medical domiciliary health care services to support our clients to remain independent in their own homes. You will help clients and their families meet the challenges of aging with dignity, pride, care and compassion.
A normal Evening or Weekend will involve:
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Documenting daily activities and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Maintaining regular communication with line manager and office staff
- Completing tasks for and with the client to include activities such as personal care, housekeeping, meal preparation, medication reminders, and most importantly, companionship
What you will need:
- All roles are subject to DBS enhanced disclosure and a full safe recruitment process
- You do not need any experience or formal qualifications to become a Carer
- Excellent communication skills
- your own life experiences and transferable skills alongside reliability, trustworthiness and respect for others will allow you to build professional friendships
What you will receive in return:
- Award winning paid City & Guilds accredited training
- Career development opportunities
- Initial and ongoing support
- Competitive salary including paid mileage
- Access to a comprehensive EAP – Employee Assistance Programme
- People Pension enrolment
- Referral and length of service rewards