Are you passionate about providing great care and want to help others do the same? Are you an experienced Care Professional who wants to step away from the day to day care and help develop others?
Extensive train the trainer development programme
Home Instead Senior Care provides best in class care to our elderly clients in Cambridge and the surrounding villages.
We are looking for a part time Trainer (4 days a week) to be based at our office in St Ives to lead the training offered to our CAREGivers which includes induction and dementia training. If you are passionate about care and want to help others deliver a best in class service then this could be a great opportunity to join a forward thinking, growing business
The Trainer will also be responsible for managing our E-Learning system and work with our Team Leaders to research and develop new training opportunities for our Care Professionals. You will also spend some time out in the field supporting our Care Professional visiting clients with bespoke moving and handling, medication and other specialised training.
You will be given the opportunity to undertake an extensive Train the Trainer programme to deliver the various courses available within the Home Instead network.
Requirements of the role:
- Previous domiciliary care experience from within a person-centred Care organisation
- A passion for care and the ability to share your passion and knowledge with others
- Some experience of working with dementia clients
- To be an excellent team player with a collaborative working style
- A good level of computer literacy and the ability to learn new systems
- Experience of acting as a mentor to other care professionals
- Confidence in standing and presenting to groups of people
- An interest in training and development
- Flexibility to be able to travel away from time to time for training courses
- Driving licence and own car
- Previous training experience from within the care industry
- A training qualification such as PETALS or similar
- Experience of using an E-Learning system.
What we can offer
- Opportunity to join a growing company, on the brink of some really exciting developments in service
- A fabulous, fun, friendly hardworking team who are dedicated to providing the best care to all those involved with Home Instead.
- A competitive salary
- 30 days holiday a year
This role will initially be working 4 days a week (TBD) but there may be opportunity for it to become a full-time role as the organisation grows.