It's not working, it's welcoming people to Home Instead
Our office was established in Calderdale and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administrator to join our growing team at Home Instead Calderdale. This role will involve working across the whole team carrying out a wide variety of key support tasks, providing general support to the team and ensuring a high quality business support service.
To be successful, the post holder will need to be a highly motivated individual, able to work across a fast paced team and able to demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision, taking forward work using their own initiative.
The Administrator is expected to perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties. The Administrator is expected to answer phones, complete administrative duties (which may include assistance with accounts payable and accounts receivable) and support other staff members with clerical tasks in order to provide the highest quality service to clients. As the first point of contact, you are expected to ask questions to understand the client needs, issues and expectations, explain the service offering ensuring that any leads that require specialist care advice are forwarded to the relevant team members.
The role requires you:
- To offer admin support to all aspects of the business.
- Ensure all filing and data is up to date.
- Work to deadlines.
- To answer phones calls in a polite professional manner, passing on clear messages.
- To undertake any support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owner or Care Manager.
- To manage the office email account.
- To have good level of numeracy and literacy. (Application (A) / Interview(I) / Test(T))
- The ability to speak in a confident manner over the telephone. (A / I / T)
- Ability to work on own initiative and with limited supervision, seeking assistance as appropriate. ( A / I)
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a positive manner. (A / I / T)
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. (A / I)
- Good team player. Able to establish both good working relationships with colleagues and good external relationships, recognising the impact of personal behaviour on others. (A / I)
- Pro-active and flexible in approach; able to adapt behaviour to changing circumstances. (A / I)
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and personal commitment to Home Instead values. (A / I)
- Ability to preserve the confidentiality of the Commission’s business and/or information. (A)
- Seeks to improve personal effectiveness by recognising own strengths and weaknesses and considers ways to improve. (A / I)
You will have highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent organisational skills, be IT literate, have the ability to prioritize their workload and be able to work as part of a team. Administrative/secretarial experience including initiating and maintaining office systems as required.
You are also required to have:
- Good understanding of all Microsoft office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English, or equivalent.
- Good clear telephone manner.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.