Join our office team and become a key player
Care Coordinator (Scheduling)
• Free 24 hour Confidential Care and Support Programme • Contributory Pension • Paid Holidays
Home Instead is the largest non-Medical Private Home Care Provider in the world. We are very proud of the High Quality of Care that we provide to private clients.
Based in our Elland office, you will be proud to represent us and be an ambassador for the excellent service we provide to our clients and you will also want to be part of an organisation that strives to be excellent in all manners of its Care delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Your job will require you to take responsibility for the organisation of clients and CAREGiver's within our service.
- Populate weekly CAREGiver rotas.
- Ensure staff have appropriate travel time between visits.
- Arrange introduction visits, shadowing shifts and competency assessments for new CAREGiver's.
- Liase with clients and family members to make sure they are up to date with any changes and accommodate any special requests, appointments etc.
- Maintain clear and open communication with CAREGiver's.
- Manage CAREGiver holidays.
- Work closely with our Care Co-ordinators and Training co-ordinator to ensure a smooth transition for new clients and CAREGiver's.
- Take part in on-call duties out of hours.
For this role you would need experience of working on a computer and possess excellent organisational skills. You will need to be able to work well under pressure and be able to build good working relationships with other members of the team. You will also need to be living in close proximity to Calderdale for this role to be practical.
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm. On-call duties are one in five weekends and are paid at an additional rate, you will be required to be available to answer the on-call mobile phone to clients and CAREGiver's and give advice where needed.
It is essential that the successful candidate has good literacy skills, an excellent telephone manor and is able to use online systems.
Whilst previous experience as a Coordinator/Scheduler is desirable, the successful candidate will be mentored and work closely alongside the Registered Manager , Care Coordinator's and Training Coordinator on a day to day basis. Support and guidance will always be available when needed.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
Job offer is subject to Enhanced DBS check, two professional references and two personal references.