To us it's personal!
CARE Resource Planner
Home Instead Senior Care - Brighton, Hove and Shoreham was established 3 years ago and is growing and expanding rapidly as a local independently run business. We pride ourselves on delivering only the best quality service to all our clients specifically customised to fit their needs.
We offer non-medical, person centred home care to independent seniors that are in need of companionship, home help and personal care in the comfort of their homes, within their own community and surrounded by their memories. At Home Instead, we believe in relationship-based care and we aspire to offer consistency and reliability to our clients by carefully matching the CAREGivers with the appropriate client and building continuity of care.
Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and children and all roles are subject to criminal record checks. We are an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, age, or gender.
A new exciting job opportunity has arisen in an expanding team at the award-winning home care company, Home Instead Senior Care – Brighton, Hove and Shoreham.
Performing a variety of duties to ensure the provision of quality to our clients, the Care Resource Planner will be specifically responsible for assisting the Care Co-ordinator/Scheduler with planning and scheduling clients and CAREGivers, utilising our dynamic resource scheduling system, in order to provide the highest quality and reliable service to clients with emphasis on developing rewarding relationships. You will be involved in all planning related queries, escalating matters to our Care Co-ordinator/Scheduler to ensure our service level agreements are achieved.
The ability to problem solve and think clearly when under pressure is essential for this critical role in our company. You will need excellent planning, organisational and IT skills to make sure that each client receives the care and support that they expect on time. This involves:
· Matching and allocating CAREGivers with the right skills and experience to deliver the best quality care and support to each client
· Organising CAREGiver schedules to minimise changes to the service and travel between clients’ homes
· Responding efficiently to day to day changes in the care and support required, ensuring effective communications to CAREGivers and Clients/their families
· Planning ahead to ensure effective cover for CAREGiver holidays etc, as well as reacting to operational day to day changes if required.
· Managing holiday requests
· Keeping abreast of CAREGiver availability
· Ensuring required shadowing visits are scheduled and communicated effectively
· Escalating to the Director where quality or reliability of care is compromised and communicating effectively with the whole of the team where relevant issues arise.
The role offers the opportunity for developing positive working relationships with clients, their families and the Home Instead Senior Care team. You will provide a crucial link between each client, CAREGivers and Home Instead Office, and will need to show a focus on customer service, communicating changes effectively. You will often deal with queries from clients about their care and support, which requires a sensitive understanding of customer needs and a supportive telephone manner. Having genuine care and compassion for older people will therefore be essential to this role.
The CARE Resource Planner must also be clear about the best way to work with CAREGivers schedules to maintain continuity in the delivery of care. You will need to build strong interpersonal relationships with the CAREGiver team so you can call upon extra cover when needed. Ensuring CAREGivers maintain a strong sense of job satisfaction while also ensuring the promise of consistent CAREGivers is a core part of the role, in line with the Home Instead model of care.
CAREGivers work over the weekends or evenings so the post holder must be willing to be part of the on call team rota, and be willing and able to occasionally provide stand-in care.
Specific job responsibilities include:
· Assisting with the organisation of all rotas and staffing requirements
· Ensuring all staff and clients are aware of working schedules and any changes
· Being responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members
· Forward planning, to ensure known CAREGiver resource availability is matched to Clients visits well into the future
· Undertaking any support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owner or Care Manager
· Supporting quality assurance of the office, such as auditing files and ensuring support visits are scheduled
· Occasionally standing in for visits as a CAREGiver
· Being a part of the support Emergency on-call phone team rota
This is great opportunity to develop and learn, and be a key player in the expansion of this growing business, helping us to continue to build our reputation for the provision of quality care.
- Warm heart, a caring nature and ability to build long-lasting positive relationships
- Genuine interest in becoming a part of a caring organisation
- Great attention to detail
- Proven ability to juggle urgent short-term demands while also planning ahead
- Experience of working with software packages
- Experience of planning
- Ability to do occasional evening and weekend work
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English
- Customer service experience and focus
- A full driving license
- Company sponsored full training
- Pension Scheme
- Online Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellbeing Web App (BHSF Connect)
- And more…