Join a Team that Feels like Family
Care Coordinator/ Scheduler
Industry Leading Training and excellent support
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic and ‘can-do’ People Coordinator to join our award-winning team. We are looking for the right person with excellent administrative, IT and people skills to help drive our extremely-well regarded care business forward. This role offers great career prospects and the chance to be part of a strong supportive, friendly team providing the very best companionship, home help and personal care services for elderly people who wish to remain happily, safely and independently at home. All our visits with clients are for at least an hour, often more and our CAREGivers visit the same clients providing consistency and the opportunity to develop, meaningful, trusting and long term relationships. It will be your job to ensure all these visits are planned and organised and that our CAREGivers are coordinated to turn up on time, every time.
The Care Coordinator / Scheduler is responsible for the allocation of CAREGiver’s working hours whilst ensuring our robust quality standards are met. You will need to have significant experience in a logistical type environment where you are responsible for ensuring that everything happens at the exact time leading to complete customer satisfaction. You will be expected to:
- Organise all rotas and staffing requirements
- Ensure all staff and clients are aware of working schedules at all times
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members
- Undertake any support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owners or Care Manager including payroll and invoicing responsibilities.
You will be expected to coordinate CAREGiver schedules and give general support to the office team in order to provide the highest quality service to our clients. You will need to be able to develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers, creating client schedules and records and supporting the Care Team by working with families, professionals and other CAREGivers to achieve the very best outcomes. You will ideally:
- Be able to hit the ground running whilst being keen to learn and adapt to new systems / technologies.
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of logistical type / IT software systems. Our People Planner system is bespoke and assists us to allocate and coordinate all care visits to ensure continuity for both client and CAREGiver.
- Be adept in organising large scale operations and ensuring 100% delivery against expectation – in our case ensuring our CAREGivers turn up, on time, every time without fail.
- Be able to adapt quickly to emergencies and / or other unforeseen circumstances ensuring all visits always take place
- Provide timely response to client requests and ensure they are constantly updated with new and changing information
- Be knowledgeable of the local area
- Engage positively with all employees being pivotal in maintaining their interest and availability and liaise relentlessly with all CAREGivers ensuring that they are always fully supported and completely engaged with the office and our clients so providing the very best service.
- Provide out of hours “on call” assistance on a rotational basis
- Work directly with the office management team to develop business and support the team.
- Support delivery of personal / care calls in times of needs which may include out of hours
- You will need to have extremely good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to problem solve while working under pressure in a busy environment providing ‘superior’ customer service.
- You will have experience in delivering or managing /coordinating service delivery through utilising scheduling technologies whilst having exceptional organisational skills; are a multi-tasker and able to communicative both written and verbally.
- High levels of computer literacy using bespoke software systems backed up with strong Word and Excel skills
- A confident, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy, deadline-driven team environment
- A professional telephone manner; a smiling personality and empathy for others
- An outstanding eye for detail and a ‘right first time’ attitude
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines effectively.
- The ability to make friends and influence people.
- To have pride in your work; the want to work ‘above and beyond’ and have high standards of commitment and achievement as well as a continuous desire for improvement, both personally and organisationally.
What we offer
- Primarily, job fulfilment; a great place to work in a great team with great career opportunities making a huge difference to the lives of our elderly clients!
- Our salary package starts at £19,500 with ongoing bonus opportunities.
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme.
- Company Discount Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Training, development and career opportunities.
- Social Events
If you would like to forge your future with an exceptional company that’s really going places then please apply by writing a covering letter explaining why you think you may be the right person for the job and attach your CV. Please note that interviews may take place prior to the advert closing as and when suitable applications are received. If a suitable candidate is appointed the role will close early therefore please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Finally, you must hold a full driver’s licence, have full use of a car and have easy access to our offices at MK43 9JB. This is a full-time, permanent post. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and references.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.