Our office was established in 2014 and our mission is to brighten the lives of our clients giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
- To manage the planning, coordinating, and scheduling of client visits.
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and last-minute cancellations, client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same CAREGiver and the same times each week, where possible.
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences.
- Responsive to changes in the schedule, liaise with relevant team members (If needed) and communicate short term changes to client schedules to Clients and Caregivers.
- Answer each incoming call and emails in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Carry out supervisions, appraisals, support visits and competency assessments with our CAREGivers.
- Ensure CAREgiver's are providing the highest quality of support for our clients and conduct relevant follow-up issues or complaints with caregivers.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
- Work with the Care Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be facilitated and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Manage and approve Caregiver holiday requests ensuring sufficient cover is in place before approving.
- Undertake care consultations for new care packages and write comprehensive person centred care plans
- Carry out quality assurance visits and service reviews with our clients.
- Liase and build good working relationships with other professionals such as social workers, district nurses, occupational therapists, community matrons, discharge coordinators and GP's.
- On-call duties and delivering care in an emergency.
- Logical and analytical thinker with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office. with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Highly resilient and positive with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
For this role you would need experience of delivering home care services to people living in their own homes and have experience of supervising staff. You will need to be living in close proximity to Lancaster for this role to be practical. Be a true leader who is able to lead by example and motivate a team and have the willingness to progress in our organisation. Be well presented, have access your own reliable vehicle and ideally hold a minimum qualification of NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care. Working hours are Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5:00pm, however, this role requires you to be flexible enough to occasionally carry out competency assessments and care calls out of hours when needed.
It is essential that the successful candidate has good literacy skills, an excellent telephone manor and is able to use online systems.
Whilst previous experience as a Care Coordinator is desirable, the successful candidate will be mentored and work closely alongside the Registered Manager and Franchise Owner on a day to day basis. Support and guidance will always be available when needed.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.