It's not working, it's CARING with Home Instead!
Carer - Barnsley
Excellent Training, EAP, Social Events
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for adults. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
CAREGiver – Barnsley
Are you kind and compassionate and looking for a rewarding new role in care? Maybe you are an early bird who’s up with the Lark? Or a night owl who needs some late-night company? We’ve got calls to suit everyone! Perhaps you have a couple of hours spare each weekend and are keen to make some extra money? Or maybe you’re a student who is looking for a weekend work placement?
Here at Home Instead we are looking for CAREGivers for a variety of shifts. At Home Instead… we are a hugely different to other care companies!
We won’t have you booked in for a conveyor belt of 15 minute calls. You’ll be matched to your clients, where you’ll spend a minimum of an hour with them in their homes, helping them to live independently for as long as possible.
We encourage our clients to “Dare to Dream” … so whether it’s a trip to the theatre or a coffee at the local garden center, you’ll help to make your clients wishes come true! You’ll support your client with personal care, light house keeping and companionship.
Previous experience interacting with older people would be preferred but isn’t essential. Full training will be given. We only take people who pass our Mum test so while you don’t need to have previous experience working in care, you will be passionate about supporting other people, whilst being reliable, trustworthy, and respectful. As a CAREGiver, you’ll love spending time in the company of others and thrive on having a purpose.
What do you need to succeed?
- Mature outlook
- Great communication skills
- Resilience – not every day will be easy, but you’ll make a difference with every call you make
- Trustworthy & reliable
- Ability to work every other weekend – and be able to commit to this long term
- Access to a vehicle, with a full driving license.
What can we offer?
- Home Instead will support you on your CAREGiver Journey, providing you with training and support along the way. You’ll have the opportunity to do additional training and develop your skills in Alzheimer’s Care and End of Life.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Westfield Health Care (after 1 year)
- Social events for you and your fellow CAREGivers
- £10 per hour (after successfully completing Alzheimer’s Training – starting rate is £9 per hour)
- A referral bonus scheme – recommend your friend and receive £100*! **Once 12-week probation period is complete
Here’s what our current CAREGivers say about working with us!
“I have built up a close relationship with my clients and I love them all, we have lots of companionship time together and I learn so much from them”
“I certainly feel supported by the office, they put regular updates on social media which keep us informed. This is great for morale during a pandemic!”
If you want to fall in love with your work, then we would love to hear from you. Please contact us on 01142 469 666.
As a CAREGiver, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, contact us on 0114 246 9666.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.